Injuries.

I'm Aston Villa and i've only just started my season, only a few games in.

I already have Ashley Young out, Laursen, Davies and Laursen.

Then in one game against red star in the cup i get another 4 injuries (Milner, Moutinho, Heskey and Fleck) and in the end have to play with 10 men.

Surely i shouldn't be getting so many injuries.

I have all the latest patches i think.

Help?

I'm Aston Villa and i've only just started my season, only a few games in.

I already have Ashley Young out, Laursen, Davies and Laursen.

Then in one game against red star in the cup i get another 4 injuries (Milner, Moutinho, Heskey and Fleck) and in the end have to play with 10 men.

Surely i shouldn't be getting so many injuries.

I have all the latest patches i think.

Help?

Reduce the intensity of your training.

Use squad rotation.

(I go by the rule of avoiding using a player from the start of a match if he is less than 90% fit).

Substitute any player who's fitness level drops below 75% (when possible).

This should go some way to reducing the number of injuries you get.

Edit:- Also reducing the amount of closing down your team is set to in the second half of games should help.

If you go in the Aston Villa thread in GP&TG, you may see that a few people have had quite a few injuries early on in the season...

Even myself, heading into september I had 6 players out with injury, & Spike had about the same if not worse, iirc.

Maybe it's a Villa thing

I would follow Slipknots' advice too. very handy information to have on hand

This. Make sure you have 9.3 installed, it doesn't sound like you've got it installed imo. And if you haven't make sure you get it installed.

The injuries are fixed in 9.3.

If i do that, will it work with my current game?

PS. i really do think i have it installed.

If you have to install the 9.03 patch after starting a save the changes that correct bugs such as excessive injuries will only take effect on a game that is started after the patch is installed, so you'd either have to start over after getting the latest patch or just persevere through the injury crisis you are currently faced with and implement the changes I mentioned in my previous post to try and lessen the severity of the effect of injuries in future.

I find that having a couple of good fitness coaches helps a lot with injuries. You might also want to alter your tactics a bit and eliminate hard tackling which I think can cause a lot of in-game injuries. Rotating your squad and making sure that they have about 80% fitness prior to the start of the game is about the only other things you can really do to try and deal with this problem. Lets just hope its been addressed for fm2010.

I'm a BSN side so a smallish squad, but never had anyone under 80% at the start - all the injuries have been in game, I don't use hard tackling either the opposition approach seems to be smash in hard on my players. I recently had a game with two taken off and four with green crosses.

Alt and F9

Injuries with England squad so not tactic or training related. Injuries at the level set are spoiling the game if using small squads and match injuries appear way too high.

uefaeuropeanfootballchac.png w1440.png

I registed just to say that injuries are ruining this game for me. I've read all about how to avoid them, and I'm actually a very conservative manager. I've gotten only two training injuries in three seasons, I don't go crazy with hard tackling and closing down and running about in the rain, I don't start anyone who is under 90% - and I try to sub people out at 70-75%.

I run a fairly conservative 4-4-2. Most of my games run the 2-1, 1-1, 1-0 variety. When I have a late lead I play slow, waste time, and tackle easy. The game considers me a defensive and tactically stable coach.

Still, injuries plague me. In-game BS injuries pile up and up and up. I just turned off the game in a rage due to getting my second red cross in two games, combined with two green crosses and a "knock" for about 30% off. Maintaining a small squad and/or any kind of continuity is next to impossible with the current match-injury rate. I guess this explains why all the Premiere sides in the game seem to carry so many extra players on the first team.

This REALLY needs to be patched.

Archived