What;s the point in a competition editor?

Don't get me wrong making it work is a hefty piece of work.

However, there are a million and one things the game is screaming out for before this - realistically half of the users won't even use it.

For the return, I can't understand why manpower has not been deployed elsewhere to even add minor cosmetic features, such as skinnable stadiums or even just working through the extensive bug list.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally thought 'wow, a competition editor'. Then I thought that it sounded personally very boring and pointless and I would have absolutely no use for it at all. I can see that some people would however but I won't be using their custom leagues/competitions so it's nothing to get excited about and I think its a very small minority of people that will use it.

I originally thought 'wow, a competition editor'. Then I thought that it sounded personally very boring and pointless and I would have absolutely no use for it at all. I can see that some people would however but I won't be using their custom leagues/competitions so it's nothing to get excited about and I think its a very small minority of people that will use it.

It's arguably the most requested feature on these forums over the last several years.

so just because some people are not going to use it, it's pointless?

If you have a look in OTF there is a FM2010 thread where everyone is saying they will use it. That's a few hundred there already plus thousands more did something like this for FM09.

and i take it you don't know about the editors forum?

The thing is you don't have to use it. Others will upload their own leagues which you can import in to your own game. So no it isn't pointless, and if you had bothered to read the announcement you'd see that they have gone to extra effort to address bugs

It's arguably the most requested feature on these forums over the last several years.

I'm not saying it won't be a good addition and it won't have its uses but I feel that only a few people will actually use it.

so just because some people are not going to use it, it's pointless?

I said personally, that means that I would find it boring and pointless, not everyone.

If you have a look in OTF there is a FM2010 thread where everyone is saying they will use it. That's a few hundred there already plus thousands more did something like this for FM09.

I originally thought it was a good idea and that I would use it. However, when it came to coming up with uses for it, I simply couldn't think of any.

and i take it you don't know about the editors forum?

Editors forum!?! No, what's that. Don't patronize me.

I'm not saying it won't be a good addition and it won't have its uses but I feel that only a few people will actually use it.

I said personally, that means that I would find it boring and pointless, not everyone.

I originally thought it was a good idea and that I would use it. However, when it came to coming up with uses for it, I simply couldn't think of any.

Editors forum!?! No, what's that. Don't patronize me.

but you said you think only a few people will use it, so if you think only a few people will use it then you must also think its a pointless feature?

Well like I said, have a look in the OTF thread about it and they're hundreds of reasons.

but you said you think only a few people will use it, so if you think only a few people will use it then you must also think its a pointless feature?

Pointless to me, yes. I wont be using any unofficial updates or updating the game at all so I have no need for it. I understand some people will make their own updates and others will use it though.

Well like I said, have a look in the OTF thread about it and they're hundreds of reasons.

That's very nice but they're not reasons I came up with.

erm...i wasn't being "patronizing"

but here it is

Thank you very much.

Pointless to me, yes. I wont be using any unofficial updates or updating the game at all so I have no need for it. I understand some people will make their own updates and others will use it though.

Thank you very much.

well then don't use it?

Simple.

Thank you very much.

surely you can find some reasons (im presuming that you have read them) to counter your opinions

agree with Tom, why complain about something you're never going to use:confused:

I've said I'm not complaining. If you'd like a complaint then I'd say a lot of nonsense such as it's using development time on a game that I buy year in year out for a feature that's over-hyped and that I don't want.

But nobody would want to hear about that...

I think for the people that actually want it, which seems to be a few it's a very useful addition. I would like to hear an honest SI comment on what sort of effect advanced editing in the game will have when playable. i can imagine that it has the potential to cause a few bugs etc. i'm not having a dig! but if this is the case then i think maybe an honest advance warning/disclaimer from SI would be useful just to save on the amount of moaning which would probably occur as a reult

Absolutely fantastic feature!!!!

I'm from the Faroe Islands and hopefully I'll be able to create a league for my country.. would be FANTASTIC!! if this actually works fine then I must say its probably going to be the most revolutionary feature for all gamers from smaller countries..! - Dont forget there is a world outside UK, France, germany etc... ;)

I'm VERY excited to see how this actually works.. :)

I've said I'm not complaining. If you'd like a complaint then I'd say a lot of nonsense such as it's using development time on a game that I buy year in year out for a feature that's over-hyped and that I don't want.

But nobody would want to hear about that...

your right, we dont

your right, we dont

I'm well aware of that, which is why I said it.

Is it possible to get a official SI staff to confirm that I will be able to i.e. create a new national league for Faroe Islands and have the winner enter Champions League and such?

Take a look through the 'official' comments on this thread. By official, I mean posts by Miles, Sega or Sports Interactive. If this has been confirmed, you'll find out there :).

Is it possible to get a official SI staff to confirm that I will be able to i.e. create a new national league for Faroe Islands and have the winner enter Champions League and such?

best of looking OTF (near the bottom of all the forums and sub forums) and look in the FM10 thread:thup:

I'm well aware of that, which is why I said it.

i was merely agreeing with you

• SI Staff

Yeah you certainly can do that. I know you've been eager to play in the Faroe Islands for a long time Herter :)

Anyway, we can't please everyone no matter what we do. If we do one thing some people will like it and other people will not and rather we spent time on something else instead. But it's down to us to decide what to do and I believe with no doubt whatsoever that being able to add competitions to the game is one of the best new things to happen to the series since it began.

Ter! I love you! and the rest of the SI staff!!! - Will you marry me and have my kids??

I'll be done with my master in 2 year (Software Engineer) and I'll be knocking on your doors! (SI's not your's Ter :p - no worries, I'm not a stalker.. Or am I?) :p

Ter! I love you! and the rest of the SI staff!!! - Will you marry me and have my kids??

I'll be done with my master in 2 year (Software Engineer) and I'll be knocking on your doors! (SI's not your's Ter :p - no worries, I'm not a stalker.. Or am I?) :p

Haha, brilliant :D.

am i the only one that finds this scary :D

am i the only one that finds this scary :D

Kinda scared myself there.. :D

I think everyone at SI knows my alias by now.. I've been whining about playing in the Faroe Islands for AGES now.. and FINALLY it will be possible!! :D - At one point some moderator renamed me to "SOME_SI_ALIAS stalker" :p

Kinda scared myself there.. :D

I think everyone at SI knows my alias by now.. I've been whining about playing in the Faroe Islands for AGES now.. and FINALLY it will be possible!! :D - At one point some moderator renamed me to "SOME_SI_ALIAS stalker" :p

your persistent or stalking - im not quite sure yet - has paid off :D:thup:

Yeah.. thats why they added the Custom league thingy.. To get rid of me.. Now they're hoping I'll be playing so much FM I won't be joining the forums again.. :D - Sadly my school takes up so much time I probably wont be playing FM very much.. :(

Yeah.. thats why they added the Custom league thingy.. To get rid of me.. Now they're hoping I'll be playing so much FM I won't be joining the forums again.. :D - Sadly my school takes up so much time I probably wont be playing FM very much.. :(

same, i start my second year at college in september so i will be play FM mostly at night :D

Sadly my school takes up so much time I probably wont be playing FM very much.. :(

Tell me about it. They say you have 'more freedom' at 6th form. I go in 9-4, Mon-Fri... what a joke :p.

I'm in school from 8-16 mon-fri and then I go home to a wife and my 1 year old daughter.. not so much sparetime anymore..! Perhaps I should fake a major assignment and lock myself in a room at home for a whole weekend and then just play FM.. :p

It is something I have been waiting for years..great news

I will use it to restructure the size of some leagues.....perhaps a prem 1 and 2...

but for me I want to introduce the Home Internationals and add Rep Ireland to it .....this would replace the normal friendlies I would imagine..........

set up mini tournaments for your club pre-season instead of touring?????

Do you know if there will be a budget editor/sponsorship attached??

might be able to gain a lot of extra cash by taking part in one of the pre-season events!!!!!!

Archived