Liverpool administration :O

It's 29th April 2012 and Liverpool have been docked points, I found this quite suprising yet wished it happened in real life haha, 9 points they have been deducted.

Now they're 12th instead of 6th, I'd print screen but I'm on a different laptop.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yep... same thing happened in my game about 2013/14 i think. They are pretty poor fodder now and have a lot of average players (lot of regens), although they have still got Mascherano & Torres... but i think they are the only real-life players still there. They have been a bottom to mid-table team every year since and in the season they got docked points they missed relegation by two points! I'm a Man U fan! ;)

Yep... same thing happened in my game about 2013/14 i think. They are pretty poor fodder now and have a lot of average players (lot of regens), although they have still got Mascherano & Torres... but i think they are the only real-life players still there. They have been a bottom to mid-table team every year since and in the season they got docked points they missed relegation by two points! I'm a Man U fan! ;)

Haha when the day comes and they get relegated post a screenie please :)

Liverpool going into administration is quite common. Seems to me to usually happen when they do poorly in Europe and/or don't even qualify for Europe (think what happened to Leeds a few years back; similar sort of thing here). Although I've never seen it happen, I'd imagine it'd be perfectly possible for the same thing to happen to Man Utd, since they've got those huge loans to pay off at the start of the game, and the prize money from the Champions League helps them keep on top of that.

Haha when the day comes and they get relegated post a screenie please :)
I'll have a save with them in the Championship...hold on...

2067/68

liverpool2068.png

Championship 2068/69

liverpool2069.png

I think it's even funnier when you think that Liverpool going into administration that year actually saved Everton from relegation :D

I'd imagine it'd be perfectly possible for the same thing to happen to Man Utd, since they've got those huge loans to pay off at the start of the game, and the prize money from the Champions League helps them keep on top of that.

In my game Man Utd have not qualified for europe in 7 years,

and for the las 5 have been floating around in the bottom half of the table...

Thier finances are 'Okay' and the club is valued at £160 mill

So they must be getting money from somewhere

2067/68

liverpool2068.png

Championship 2068/69

liverpool2069.png

I think it's even funnier when you think that Liverpool going into administration that year actually saved Everton from relegation :D

Haha, brilliant!

Don't like the second screenie though..

maybe FM are predicting the ticking time-bomb that is multi-millionaire foreign ownership in football. it'll be funny to see people moaning on here when half the premiership clubs are near bankrupt because the manchester city arabs got bored and pulled their investment out of the club

2067/68

liverpool2068.png

Championship 2068/69

liverpool2069.png

I think it's even funnier when you think that Liverpool going into administration that year actually saved Everton from relegation

:D Good job it's not real, I would never hear the end of it. Going to have nightmares tonight now though :(

Liverpool going into administration is quite common. Seems to me to usually happen when they do poorly in Europe and/or don't even qualify for Europe (think what happened to Leeds a few years back; similar sort of thing here). Although I've never seen it happen, I'd imagine it'd be perfectly possible for the same thing to happen to Man Utd, since they've got those huge loans to pay off at the start of the game, and the prize money from the Champions League helps them keep on top of that.

This. A.I. managed Pool always seems to hit this endless cycle:

Can't make the payments -> Go into administration -> Lose their best players for low £ -> Don't make Europe -> Can't make the payments -> etc

Happened in most of my long-term saves around 2018 which made me chuckle :D

Loan Payments can't be met because of the loss of Champions League football, meaning they go Bankrupt, enter Administration, points docked and Loan is wiped out with a CVA brought in and something easy like £200k monthly payments incurred.

• 3 weeks later...
This has just happened in my game. Year 20015 in this instance they are now 4th instead of 3rd. Wht is it only 9 points tho? surely it is meant to be -10 points for going into administration?

It always seems to be 9 in the Prem on FM. I would imagine it has something to do with there being less teams in the leagues and therefore less points on offer.

It always seems to be 9 in the Prem on FM. I would imagine it has something to do with there being less teams in the leagues and therefore less points on offer.

Exactly right. It's actually proportionally a bigger punishment than -10 in the football league.

They've never gone into administration in mine, am in the year 2020 and they are pants, full of average players, 5 games left they are 4th bottom with 23 points, and if it wasn't for the fact that Doncaster, Stoke and Burneley are so far behind (Stoke haven't won yet), they could have been up for relegation.

Will look with interest to see how they do next season.

• 2 weeks later...

This has just happened in my game, went into administration and they were docked 9 points on 3rd May 2012. Tested the waters on how cheap they were willing to give up Torres for, turns out it's £10m :| I have Pato coming the end of the season though so I'm gonna see how the team is looking during July, don't need him but that's a hard price to say no to. Dunno though, feels kind of cheap, no matter how bad their situation is, they'd never sell Torres for so little money :/

This has just happened in my game, went into administration and they were docked 9 points on 3rd May 2012. Tested the waters on how cheap they were willing to give up Torres for, turns out it's £10m :| I have Pato coming the end of the season though so I'm gonna see how the team is looking during July, don't need him but that's a hard price to say no to. Dunno though, feels kind of cheap, no matter how bad their situation is, they'd never sell Torres for so little money :/

Don't worry they'd do it to you if the situation was reversed.

Didn't happen to me - although they were forced to sell pretty much everyone to avoid administration. Gerrard went to Arsenal (!), and Torres went somewhere, forgot where. Didn't help, though - Liverpool still went down and I think they've been back into the Premier League once for a while - they've recently managed to concede over 100 goals in the Championship and are now favourites to win League One, the financial damage having been done.

(I'm in 2035 or something.)

As a Liverpool fan for the last 28 years, it still always amuses me when Utd fans are so sad that despite their wonderful and historic success over the last 20 years they are still living in Liverpool's shadow... they still seem to get more joy out of potential failures for us than success for themselves... even in a football management game! It's not real life gentlemen. Most you can write off because they are probably 12 but it's still a bit embarrassing, and I am sure most will cringe in a few years time when they grow up! Enjoy it in FM09 while you can though, I imagine the news of 80m quid over 4 years in sponsorship will filter through to FM10 and administration will be a thing of the past!

As a Liverpool fan for the last 28 years, it still always amuses me when Utd fans are so sad that despite their wonderful and historic success over the last 20 years they are still living in Liverpool's shadow... they still seem to get more joy out of potential failures for us than success for themselves... even in a football management game! It's not real life gentlemen. Most you can write off because they are probably 12 but it's still a bit embarrassing, and I am sure most will cringe in a few years time when they grow up! Enjoy it in FM09 while you can though, I imagine the news of 80m quid over 4 years in sponsorship will filter through to FM10 and administration will be a thing of the past!

It flows both ways i assure you! But Liverpool fans usually like to take the moral high ground ;)

Kop Holdings made a £41m loss before tax last season according to the Echo, so whilst a record breaking Sponsorship will undoubtably help, the loan is still hanging over their heads.

Failure to achieve Champions League football in FM usually results in the Administration anyway, as a result of a poor Squad or Manager. So i assume that's something to take up with the Club Researcher?

Isn't there also that 'bug' with Liverpool that Torres ends up getting a contract for about a million pounds a week. I am sure i have read that on numerous occassions in different threads.

With a 52 million pound deficeit every year for just one player, its no wonder they get in to financial problems

well, Owen saved me the need to defend the mighty Liverpool FC! The biggest team I've seen crumble in my games is Everton, dropped as far as League 1 in my favourite 08 game. Are back in the prem in my current season, I'm planning on beating my record 8-0 win over them again soon!

WHAT CAN I DO- THEY JUST TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE in negotations with a new constortium of england to sell the club and appoint AGUIRRE as their new manager, how could i stop them. (i am doing really well, bought adraino, miranda, santana, kakuta, rodney sneijder (brilliant) and miguel ciantar):(

WHAT CAN I DO- THEY JUST TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE in negotations with a new constortium of england to sell the club and appoint AGUIRRE as their new manager, how could i stop them. (i am doing really well, bought adraino, miranda, santana, kakuta, rodney sneijder (brilliant) and miguel ciantar):(

You can't do anything, however, this is usually just paper talk and it's very rare for you to actually lose your job because of a takeover (though it has and can happen).

Archived