The one little touch I wanna see in FM2010 more than anything!

This may sound trivial and I apologise for that but what do footy supporters like to see more than anything else?? The net ripple when a goal is scored!! Theres nothing more satisfying than seeing the net bulge as your creative midfielder curls a beauty in from 30 yards!

It's one thing that really annoyed me about the fantastic 3D engine used in last years game. They've clearly spent a lot of time getting the animations for the players to look and play realistically and the stadiums and lack of crowd seem to be one of the issues they are changing which is great.

But more important for me is to see the net be more than a cardboard block when the ball hits it! Part of the satisfaction of a goal is that ripple as is goes in and its a shame that what would seem to be a small animation such as this is overlooked (maybe i'm wrong and it would be more time consuming to create such an animation than I think??).

If the net reacts as a real net in the new game I will be a very happy man! I dunno if this has been brought up before or even been thought about but just wondered if I was alone in my sad ponderings or if anyone else felt the same!!

yeh i agree, it would be nice to see!

but i think it would be really hard to actually make it look good!, to be honest i am happy with the 3D engine. I dont really want them to change it much, i dont want them to try and make it look like fifa. I like it the way it is, yeah i am all for making the players move and interact better, and improving the graphics! but no fifa style! lol

I just figured with all the effort that has gone into player animations and making it look and play realistically it seemed a shame to ignore what I figure to be a far more basic animation that breaks the realism somewhat. A net that acted like a net would heighten the realism, and added in with the crowds they're supposed to be putting in (which is ace coz the stadiums looked v basic and rushed in FM2009) would make it far more immersive I feel. I always think it's the little details that complete a game.

Ahh well it's probably just my anal nature that comes out when I see the ball bounce back from a 'net' like it was a sheet of metal :p It riles me for no good reason hehe.

Stalker, this is actually a huge deal for me, as well. It is quite sad indeed, however it does add icing on the cake for me when it comes to gameplay. The 3D view in FM 09 was definitely good, however it felt like there were a few things missing, and the "net ripple" or net animations was one of them.

It does feel a bit dull when a goal is scored after a great play or a free kick as it seems the ball just hits a wall and drops, and I hope it is something they look into for future releases.

Archived