Higher transfer bid

Is is so annoying when your bidding on a player and they still reject a £100 million transfer bid. i think on the new FM's you should be able to bid higher than £100 million on a player?

Well you kinda can? If you add the monthly payments on and other bonuses anyway. But it would be handy to be able to bid over £100m straight up, particularly being most of the clubs want ridiculous money.

well that's just stupid. Honestly the fees being paid today are ridiculous

It hasn't changed as much as you're led to believe actually.

These are top transfers from the 70s onwards, adjusted for inflation, in million pounds sterling:

1973 Cruyff 17.3

1976 Rossi 19.4

1982 Maradonna 14.9

1987 Gullit 19.6

1992 Papin 22.5

1996 Shearer 26.9

1998 Denilson 34.2

1999 Vieri 48.3

2000 Figo 52.9

2001 Zidane 61.7

2009 Kaka 56.0

2009 Ronaldo 80.0

Apart from the C.Ronaldo one, which is an exceptional case, it's really not that excessive.

I spent €154m on one player before.

I bought 3 players in a season worth €150+m each.

Well they were worth €40m each. But I kept upping the bids by a few €m until the offer was accepted. It was a long summer.

It's not excessive if you can afford it. The next summer I had €160m in my transfer kitty again.

Although, I do think the board should step in on bids of this nature, it is a bit excessive in fairness.

And the computer never bids anything like that for any of my players.

I had a player worth €30m and a team put in a bid of €40 for him and the board accepted it.

Best player gone and nothing I could do about it. Had I had control over it I could have got €70m for him.

I don't think the board works fairly for computer and human players.

I spent €154m on one player before.

I bought 3 players in a season worth €150+m each.

Well they were worth €40m each. But I kept upping the bids by a few €m until the offer was accepted. It was a long summer.

It's not excessive if you can afford it. The next summer I had €160m in my transfer kitty again.

Although, I do think the board should step in on bids of this nature, it is a bit excessive in fairness.

And the computer never bids anything like that for any of my players.

I had a player worth €30m and a team put in a bid of €40 for him and the board accepted it.

Best player gone and nothing I could do about it. Had I had control over it I could have got €70m for him.

I don't think the board works fairly for computer and human players.

contradiction there :D

It doesn't matter what the real life values are. In FM teams make so much money that within a decade they will have hundreds of millions in their banks. Therefore it's not unreasonable that transfer values should be much higher, and so there shouldn't be a cap on how much you can offer.

I always thought you could offer over £100 million if the selling club negoiates with you. For example you offer £80 million for Fabregas, Arsenal say no we want £150 million I am pretty sure you can then bid more than £100 million in one lump sum.

It doesn't matter what the real life values are. In FM teams make so much money that within a decade they will have hundreds of millions in their banks. Therefore it's not unreasonable that transfer values should be much higher, and so there shouldn't be a cap on how much you can offer.

There certainly isn't a cap in real life.

So I agree.

It should also be easier to insert the large value numbers. A drop down list isn't sufficient.

Why not a slider, hold down shift to make it keep on even figures, so you don't offer €50,000,006 for a player or something.

Or a slider with values marked along the top. Move slider to value you want to offer.

I'd imagine with all the crazy purchases this summer, and how easy it would be for SI to change, that more figures will be available in the drop down list, as well as being able to go over £100m.

After all, City bid more than £100m for Kaka, so why can't we?

I always thought you could offer over £100 million if the selling club negoiates with you. For example you offer £80 million for Fabregas, Arsenal say no we want £150 million I am pretty sure you can then bid more than £100 million in one lump sum.

But the OP's problem lies in your first sentence. The OP has had a bid rejected outright, so the only way he can bid more is by adding on monthly payments.

It is strange how you cant offer upfront straight away but you can via the negoiated offer. There really should be no limit on how much you can bid.

Agreed. Like I said in my first post, there's no reason SI won't put this in now, especially due to the way a certain couple of teams bid now...

I hope Wolves keep him for many years (although it'll be difficult!). Would like to see him come through to their first team and help cement their place in the EPL before making the club a fortune in (the inevitable) huge transfer fee. That's how it should be done. He'll likely be stolen for 'compensation'...

Vultures :mad:

i thought u could. i got messi 4 136mil but that coz of minimum release clause but i bought sakho 4 128million coz thats wot they asked 4 :D

u? 4? coz? wot?

I'm assuming that's text speak which is (quite rightly) frowned upon on these forums. Don't get annoyed at me, it's the rules.

u? 4? coz? wot?

I'm assuming that's text speak which is (quite rightly) frowned upon on these forums. Don't get annoyed at me, it's the rules.

Tbf you could of just told him not to write in text speak.

Fwiw Pompeyboy101 next time don't write in text speak. ;)

This kid sounds great. I hope he is on FM 10

Hes already on my update.......In the editors hiteout........TBH the papers were going over the top........he would of been snapped up a few years ago......ive known about him for about 2 years now so im sure man utd and chelsea have...

The amount of money being paid for players is disgusting.

Modern football is totally *****.

No more terraces in the top two English leagues

Crap new 'modern' stadiums that all look the same

Players greedier than ever

League Cup being devalued

The same top four year after year after year after year

Excessive transfer fees and wages. Someone earning 150k per week is sickening

Too much football on TV. I really don't give a **** about the 'Emirates Cup'...

Clubs playing friendlies abroad to become more commercial and prolific

Then we have that odious little urchin Scudamore with his '39th game' idea. Absolutely sickening.

Archived