Adding coutries

MadWoodster

I have been playing with the database to see first if I can make non-FIFA registered countries, registered, and then if I can add countries to the game and thought I would share my findings and ask a question or two.

The first step is no problem, just tick the full FIFA status, and they appear in the FIFA ranking, and Wallis & Fortune Islands even took the place of Solomon Islands in the Oceanic Nations Cup 2008 which was a nice side effect as it quickly proved that the game would include them in competitions.

At first glance there is no way to add a country. But then I noticed some unused countries, such as USSR and Great Britain. As I wanted some more countries in South America for my International Challenge, I changed their names to Falkland Islands and Easter Island and set their continent and region to South America also set their reputation to 25. I started up the game and hey presto they appear.

The main question is what is the best way to get regens (or freds) to appear for all these nations? Do I need to add lots of clubs? players? staff?

While I have a feeling the answer to this is no, does anyone know how to enable the unused competitions? As I've managed to enable unused nations by setting their reputation and regions, can the same be done for these somehow?

I have been playing with the database to see first if I can make non-FIFA registered countries, registered, and then if I can add countries to the game and thought I would share my findings and ask a question or two.

The first step is no problem, just tick the full FIFA status, and they appear in the FIFA ranking, and Wallis & Fortune Islands even took the place of Solomon Islands in the Oceanic Nations Cup 2008 which was a nice side effect as it quickly proved that the game would include them in competitions.

At first glance there is no way to add a country. But then I noticed some unused countries, such as USSR and Great Britain. As I wanted some more countries in South America for my International Challenge, I changed their names to Falkland Islands and Easter Island and set their continent and region to South America also set their reputation to 25. I started up the game and hey presto they appear.

The main question is what is the best way to get regens (or freds) to appear for all these nations? Do I need to add lots of clubs? players? staff?

While I have a feeling the answer to this is no, does anyone know how to enable the unused competitions? As I've managed to enable unused nations by setting their reputation and regions, can the same be done for these somehow?

You can enable nations but cannot enable competitions ('cause they are hard-coded into the game, yea, the .exe itself). The only way to make a new competition is to swap it with an existing one (some cool guides can be found in this forum).

Best way to get regens... well, having players already in the DB helps, also running leagues from the same continent as the new country and setting yourself as a national of that country usually does the trick.

Good luck!

Thanks for that. Will have to experiment with swapping out some national competitions and using them for international purposes, will have to hard code the teams that take part.

Hit another problem though, got a message saying "set_continental_cup" looking at the European seedings, it is either because I didn't give the new European nations any clubs or it doesn't like that many European nations being in the game.

It also upset the European Championship group stages replacing Portugal, Poland and Serbia with the 3 new nations, however, I noticed that at the end of the season Portugal from group A qualified for the European Championships along with Denmark who actually finished 3rd in group F! So not sure it is such a great idea to add teams to Europe.

Also Oceania's nations cup, is competed by New Zealand and the 10 worst teams in Oceania it seems, as all my new Oceania nations are in it, but Solomon Islands, Fiji, Tahiti are no where to be seen.

Ok to solve my crash message about "set_continental_cup" I started again just adding the Vatican City and the Falkland Isles.

I then added 6 clubs to the Vatican City nation ad 4 to the Falkland Isles, and this solved the problem.

4 of the Vatican City teams played in European competition, 1 in the Champions League, 2 in UEFA and 1 in IntoToto cup, all going out in the first round but its the taking part that counts!

The European Championships 2008 were again messed up, Vatican City being placed in qualifying Group A instead of Poland, and Denmark qualifying despite being 3rd in their group.

In The World Cup 2010 Euro qualifiers, Vatican City and not Montenegro are added to the mix, despite Montenegro having a higher world ranking.

Not good in the South American U-20 cup 2009, this seems to be hard coded to 2 groups of 5, and Falkland Isles U-20 took the place of Peru U-20 who are meant to be the hosts! Will have to wait and see what happens in their main competitions in 2011.

So it appears the competitions are properly hard coded, I had hoped they might be a little bit loose for example the Euro qualifiers for the World cup would just make Group 9 a group of 6 like the other 8 groups, but sadly not. Will be interesting to see what happens when a European team hosts the World Cup.

Ok have left my gamer running until 2014 which is plenty of time for getting a feel for what is going on.

In Europe, after the first European Championships, everything calms down, with Vatican City taking the place of a random team in both the Euro qualifiers and the world cup qualifiers (though slightly concerning this was Italy in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers which meant the holders who no longer qualify automatically, could not even qualify!)

But no regens have been created for them yet, so will have to work on that.

Over in South America, the Copa America works perfectly with Falkland Isles taking one of the two invitee slots. They have yet to take part in world cup qualifying so either this is hard coded or they need to get their ranking up. Finally in the U-20 competition they just took the place of a random nation.

Not as great results as I was hoping for but not completely unplayable. Might try adding the Falkland Isles sides as feeder clubs to Argentina clubs and likewise Vatican City sides to Italian clubs and seeing if that boosts regens

Interestingly when I added the 2 Falkland Isles as feeders to 2 different Argentina sides both got 2 regens. One was feeder to Boca Juniors who are in the top Argentina division, while the other was feeder to a second division Argentina side. 1 was born in the Falkland Isles while the other 3 were born in France. So while I have created two Falkland Isles cities, given the clubs stadiums from these cities, they still seem to be getting a French connection, which may be due to the original country I replaced, which was the French part of Sint Martin.

Mind you all 4 players have declared for the Falkland Isles. Not that France would be much interested in them anyway.

Actually I've found the problem that may have caused the French nationality, I had left it one of the old cities, which had a French connection (and was twice the size of my two Falkland Isles cities put together), so now I've removed that I'm going to rerun my Falkland Isles test and see what happens.

Ok, even when I removed the French city, the regens still seem to be linked to France, so it may well be another hard coded feature. Hmm maybe I should have used one of the other countries.

The affiliated club system is still generating regens although after a few years the 2nd division Argentina side gave up on the Falkland Isles club ever producing any talent and so dropped them as a feeder club so only the club linked to Boca Juniors is still producing two regens a season. Falkland Isles were also randoming included in the qualifying for a recent world cup in place of Venezuela, be nice if it was because of world ranking but sadly not.

Any chance of a mod correcting my spelling mistake and reaming this thread, Adding countries, thanks.

Oh, BTW. For European nations they need at least 10 clubs just in case.

Most nations never need them, but it is the minimum required amount of clubs for having the maximum amount of European places, and if one of your nations reach that co-efficient without enough clubs to cover it, the game will crash.

That's a good point, I gave the Vatican six but of course with into toto as well as Champions league and Uefa, it could reach that number.

I'm redoing my Falkland Isles experiment giving the clubs more parent clubs, however, they still only get the 2 regens a season so this seems a set number. Instead of replacing Sint Martin, I've replaced Great Britain, this time all players are born and bred Falkland Islanders so it seems it was Sint Martin that had some sort of hard coded tie to France. I've also boasted their reputation and league standing as I want to see what happens if they become as good as Venezeula

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MadWoodster:

Instead of replacing Sint Martin, I've replaced Great Britain, this time all players are born and bred Falkland Islanders so it seems it was Sint Martin that had some sort of hard coded tie to France. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, now I feel stupid not to think that Pays Basque might have some sort of hard coded tie to Spain. The first thing I did with FM 2008 editor was doing a Basque league and the national team, trying to test how strong the league and the national team could be. I - and the national U-19 manager - got frustrated when most Basque regens declared for Spain right away. I included some small clubs from outside Basque county and from Pyrenees-Atlantiques, and they were doing alright with the regens, 100% Basque without Spanish nor French connection, but of course their PA are like -3 or -2. So, in fifteen years there would be no decent Basque players at all (since they tended to come from clubs with good setup like Athletic or Sociedad) and the league will again look like a Spanish lower league with mostly Spanish players who don't make it to the Spanish League.

I've added Great Britain, all works well after Euro 2008, but they are terrible (even losing to Chinese Tapie). Why is this and Is it possible to make them better. I used the Great Britain team on the editor already. The best we've done is drawing 1-1 with England, but that was when I watched the match. In domestic, the best we have done is lose 1-0. Is there anyway to make the teams better as well? Please help.

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Giggs1311:

I've added Great Britain, all works well after Euro 2008, but they are terrible (even losing to Chinese Tapie). Why is this and Is it possible to make them better. I used the Great Britain team on the editor already. The best we've done is drawing 1-1 with England, but that was when I watched the match. In domestic, the best we have done is lose 1-0. Is there anyway to make the teams better as well? Please help.

Ryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you improve the reputation and FIFA ranking results should improve. Make sure that the game importance isn't set to "Completely Useless" as well. Both always work in my experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwertyuiopzxcvbnm:

I too would like to add a "Geordie Land" nation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah i think it would be great for a cockney, scouse, yorkshire and geordie island national teams to be made as rival nations

Archived