FM 2010 Really?

I think it is looking good but I can understand why people may feel it looks cheaper than FM of a few years back because it is now brighter and less "spreadhseet". As has been said though it doesn't matter too much, there are always skins available for everyone's taste.

i hope SI don't take this the wrong way, because it's beyond my comprehension that they can make such a vast and enjoyable game...

but the new screenshots look pretty poor.

especially the player profiles ones.

really bad layout, it looks like a 6th form Design Project gone wrong.

sorry.

but it's true...

not very easy to ascertain the information you need.

i'm REALLY excited about the game, but the interface looks dire.

admittedly, it's still a work in progress.

i hope SI don't take this the wrong way, because it's beyond my comprehension that they can make such a vast and enjoyable game...

sorry.

but it's true...

it's not TRUE, it's your opinion.

Also, has there even been a screenshot of the player profile screen released?!

i dont get how the 3d isnt vamped right up tbh Champ man looks awesome for graphics then the gameplay will suck fm is poor on graphics and will have great gameplay

Think you answered your own question

Personally I think it's the nicest skin FM has ever seen, either from SI or user made. I rarely ever like user made skins, they usually have too many ugly gradient graphics and the colours clash, which is why I usually make my own (although I liked Three and Four, they were clean, much like what SI are doing this year). But the dark version of this years skin looks modern and slick. The colours work well together and there isn't awful gradient backgrounds all over the place. I also never understood how people could use background images, THEY made FM look cheap and tacky.

Only my opinion of course, but I did used to work as a graphic and web designer, so I like to think I know what I'm talking about :p

Lets get this straight.

Last year, loads of members here were angry about the amount of bugs in the game and didn't feel the features were working aswell as they were supposed to. This year, they try and fix this by improving the usability of the features and still adding new ones. SI must really feel like they can't win sometimes. Try the demo.

sorry.

but it's true...

i'm REALLY excited about the game, but the interface looks dire.

admittedly, it's still a work in progress.

Where do you find a screenshot of a player profile?

OT: I like the new skin

Im not a fan of the new light skin because i prefer the dark skins, together with full badge/picture/logo/background sets. There will be so many skins available like the FM09 it doesnt really matter what the default skin is.

Dont forget, the screenshots are work in progress. The game isnt finished yet.

The screenshots are brilliant- except for the darker ones. Don't get me wrong, I think I prefer darker skins, but the theme for those screenshots is black and yellow. Couldn't you have switched teams just for those screenshots? ;) Everton or someone would have looked a lot better with the black.

Lets get this straight.

Last year, loads of members here were angry about the amount of bugs in the game and didn't feel the features were working aswell as they were supposed to. This year, they try and fix this by improving the usability of the features and still adding new ones. SI must really feel like they can't win sometimes. Try the demo.

agreed Peter

people expect a perfect game and that just isn't possible. Every game will have it's bugs. Nothing you can do about it.

Then this board is flooded with people just signed up just to have go and say "i've paid for this" and stuff.

They can't get it right 1st time. I Just wish people would stop making a millions of threads in anger

:thdn:

Lets get this straight.

Good point there Peter but some people will never be happy.

Lets get this straight.

You're never going to be able to please everyone. The FM10 release has been given a fairly positive response from most FM'ers, and that's about as good as it gets tbf.

• SI Staff

We will provide a light skin and a dark skin with the game (using the same layout) and from there it will be up to the skinning community to create skins. The system is still as flexible as ever so it's still possible to recreate the FM 2008 look for example.

You're never going to be able to please everyone. The FM10 release has been given a fairly positive response from most FM'ers, and that's about as good as it gets tbf.

Yeah, and I will understand that if they come out and say it after they try the demo. As yet, we no very little about the game, so don't bring a negative vibe around the community already, be optimistic.

Yeah, and I will understand that if they come out and say it after they try the demo. As yet, we no very little about the game, so don't bring a negative vibe around the community already, be optimistic.

You're always going to get people that dislike ideas that others do like anyway, not much that can stop that. Total optimism isn't necessarily a good thing, because the more you build up the game the more let down you'll feel if the game doesn't live up to your expectations.

You're always going to get people that dislike ideas that others do like anyway, not much that can stop that. Total optimism isn't necessarily a good thing, because the more you build up the game the more let down you'll feel if the game doesn't live up to your expectations.

Yeah, fair enough. Though I still think this is a bit early for this sort of thread.

The new design is slick and simple. Something the series has been needing for a while.

If you guys want your embossed bezels on everything with shiny fake glass textures on it you can always use a custom skin.

I do have to admit though that some things look weirdly aligned like the score during a match has loads of empty space on the top left of the screen. Looks like the team banners have been awkwardly aligned to the right for some reason.

We will provide a light skin and a dark skin with the game (using the same layout) and from there it will be up to the skinning community to create skins. The system is still as flexible as ever so it's still possible to recreate the FM 2008 look for example.

Thats good to hear. No offence to the new skins but I'm set in my ways and like the old style layouts so I've always gone with an older style skin (Flex I think it is).

Also I've never really liked that stat colours in the more recent games. They've been to pale or not had enough difference between them (so a high rating looks similar to a low rating) - where as I'd have red for low values , yellow and orange for medium and green for the higher scores.

Do we know if the club logos/player facepacks etc etc that we are using on FM09 can b eused in FM1O......Ihope so:D

ps skins look fine to me:thup:

hilarious to see people care more about the skin than improvements to the game play and everything else thats been announced.

at the end of the day the skin is simply a cosmetic feature that barely affects the game play or enjoyment for more reasonable people.

i guess some people will find anything to complain about though.

I think the skin's fine.

And, to those who are moaning about it, you DO realise there will be a multitude of free - yes, FREE - downloadable skins being made once the game's released, don't you? It's not like you've got to pay for another one.

I think the skin's fine.

And, to those who are moaning about it, you DO realise there will be a multitude of free - yes, FREE - downloadable skins being made once the game's released, don't you? It's not like you've got to pay for another one.

Well said Suzinator. Nevermind the free skins, is anyone seriously going to be so disgsuted by the skin that they don't play the game? It's like all the nonsense about FM08's skin and the threads about how ghastly it was (I liked it), christ on a bike, it's no big deal. Has everyone fallen in love with how things look and forgotten about gameplay?

Presumably they'll be optimising as they go, so even if there are more effects in the 3d engine it won't necessarily cost more processor time.

Perhaps at some point there will be a slider dictating how much detail to put into the 3d to maximise performance on lesser machines.

• 1 month later...

Archived