Unrealistic, Unfair, Harsh and Down Right FUNNY!

Is it just me or whenyou sell a player mid season does anyone else make a training schedule with intensive aerobic, strength and goalkeeping. As to "ruin" the player you have sold.

i know its unrealistic but its dog eat dog in the championship!

I signed two young Italian's with the same first name and similar surnames... got confused and accidently had my defender training as a keeper for a whole season... he's no longer considered the future greatest centreback :( so yeah I've found this out but screwed myself lol

Is it just me or whenyou sell a player mid season does anyone else make a training schedule with intensive aerobic, strength and goalkeeping. As to "ruin" the player you have sold.

i know its unrealistic but its dog eat dog in the championship!

I do it. :D

I signed two young Italian's with the same first name and similar surnames... got confused and accidently had my defender training as a keeper for a whole season... he's no longer considered the future greatest centreback :( so yeah I've found this out but screwed myself lol

Now that is harsh and down right funny. I've never thought about doing this before but i may just be abit evil.;)

I have a training schedule called "traitor"

I use it for when a youth player I have doesn't sign a new contract with me but decides to join another club for free. I hate that.

So I made the "traitor" training schedule. I set everything to zero. And then I put him back in the Under 18's or the reserve, whichever will have him.

He then goes to his new team in 6 months time.

Totally ruins them.

haha ive done that aswell now, put this 25 yr old ive sold in the u18s hes going to go to hull a striker/sweeper, long shooter with a poor rating, without any match practice and dead from running 24/7.

ignorance is bliss ;)

Rahaha you evil people.

I nearly player named then but I have a player who is being transferred in a few months and i'm just not playing him. Might check if its a rival club and then aim to ruin him. Telling the press he sucks would be funny too.

I do this. :D

My schedule like this since FM2006 has been called "Maybury", after the former Leicester City player Alan Maybury. He was the first player I did this to, hence the name.

On one of the older versions you could set a player to retrain his position to a GK before you sold him, rendering him completely useless in the future. No idea if it that still works though, it was a long time ago.

It doesn't :(

And you can't retrain goalkeepers :(

In this case I always set the sliders in training schedule to 0 so such players don't train at all :D Unless they are key players for me of course :)

Because of the way the game is coded training a stiker to be CB would drastically improve him... basically:

Attribute weightings decide how much CA a high attribute 'takes' ie shooting is more important to a striker than tackling and is reflected as such.

So when you get a striker/cb the weightings are spread between the two... so shooting is now half its weight. The real striker has presumably has low tackling (which now has a higher weighting) therefore freeing up more of the CA to be distributed amongst other attributes.

Long story short - can make your players much much better.

Because of the way the game is coded training a stiker to be CB would drastically improve him... basically:

Attribute weightings decide how much CA a high attribute 'takes' ie shooting is more important to a striker than tackling and is reflected as such.

So when you get a striker/cb the weightings are spread between the two... so shooting is now half its weight. The real striker has presumably has low tackling (which now has a higher weighting) therefore freeing up more of the CA to be distributed amongst other attributes.

Long story short - can make your players much much better.

so when you're retraining a striker to play as centre back, that's a good thing :confused:

hahhaaha I did exactlly that!I put all the players who betray me or dislike me on the training schedule called... "HELL"!!! :D:D

I remember in CM4? You can set your training schedule from monday to sunday, 3 sessions a day, morning afternoon and night? Then Id fully book all my HELL players on a schedule with no rest whatsoever, just running the forest,weight lifting,sprint then more running,more weight lifting and more sprint!!!!!hahaha it just cracked me when they said they are unhappy with their training schedule with their condition wandering around 50% and then eventually...get injured!!:D

I had a lot of fun with these ppl and that serves them right and warn my current players dont even think for a second to betray me,I'll ruin you!because... I can!!!!:D

It doesn't :(

And you can't retrain goalkeepers :(

It must have been a bug from an earlier version then. The most amusing part was that they would continue learning to become a GK while at the new club, the change in position would happen months after he had been sold.

I remember Anelka ending up a fairly decent GK in one of my saves

I remember Sami Hyypiä retrained as a goalkeeper in some very, very old version but it was AI who did retraining not me. I have absolutely no idea why this happened or if he was any good, probably not.

When I played in India, I had a special training schedule especially for players who didn't want to renew their contracts, so that when they left and signed for other Indian league teams (they had no other option) they'd be utter pants.

I remember one time, I managed to retrain a young DL into a striker, but with intensive GK training. Amazingly, a team signed him up despite his ruined stats and even more amazingly they played him up front! Needless to say, they got relegated and said player didn't trouble the top scorers.

i've also ask the player to learn to shoot from distance often, with a long shots rating of 3 :D

and set new position to sweeper!

Whats the bet that he will get the 30 yard goal in the dying minutes of the cup final against you.

Whats the bet that he will get the 30 yard goal in the dying minutes of the cup final against you.

Very likely, i do deserve to have something like that happen to me.

after his move the striker, who moved to hull, has played 28 games for the club, scoring a big fat ZERO, with an average rating of 5.45.

I did this on a network game, me and a friend usually have a system where by we don't try to buy each others players cept he broke this (Board auto accepted offer) so for a good 8 months this £47.5m striker was learning the fine art of goal keeping, when he left my club my mate was astounded as to how his £47.5m investment's stats had dropped so quickly :p

On one of the older versions you could set a player to retrain his position to a GK before you sold him, rendering him completely useless in the future. No idea if it that still works though, it was a long time ago.

It'll work with any position you give him still - except you can't give him GK anymore.

my reasoning was to get him injured through extensive training, he just damaged his cruciate ligaments!!!!

out for 7-8months!

moving in a week!

injured.jpg?t=1250199693

That is pure evil! LOL

I'm just imagining this player stretching his body through the limit, blasting through the pain barrier, and training like maniac in the gym, with you, the manager looking on and smugly nodding your head.

If he fails the medical...

it wont matter as the transfer has already gone through, but wont move until jan.

anyway hes long gone now and the striker hasnt scored a goal in 34 games.

he is technically good though i just couldnt get him to work in my setup. shame because i was chasing him for ages, got him on a free then sold for £2mil :D

Archived