Which is your favourite version of Football Manager?

As we all know some feature of football manager 2010 i thought that i would look back at the football manager series and pick my favourite.

My favourite was football manager 2008 it had everything i guess.

so whats is your favourite version

and if you prefer championship manager then i suggest you dig a deep hole, in the middle of the night and and NEVER come back

Without doubt FM09.

Played every version and this is the best Ive played and the 3D match engine has lifted the game to a whole new level.

For once Ive rarely visited the forums so havent been made aware of the bugs I wouldnt have noticed and its been the most enjoyable version for me. Still playing it hours every day and will do until 2010 comes out....

Hm, I had an enjoyable save going with 9.0.3 and thought "best game ever". Then, my charger of the laptop broke, still have to replace it. Reverted to FM08 with 8.0.2 on my netbook and loving it. Even have to say, that I come to like the old media handling better than the press conferences the longer I play FM08 again. Not so sure about the ME, at times it looks better and smoother and more realistic than FM09, then again, it´s hard to compare. Just a feeling.

If I have only 1 vote, I would say FM09. The brokenew ground with 3D, I like the progress bar and ass man feedback.

I had the best/longest career on FM07. Sadly, I didn't get going until a month or two before FM08 was released and so when FM08 was released I began playing that and therefore I lost interest on my FM07 save.

Wish I didn't, though!

06>09>07>08>05

Probably down to the games I've had going with each version.

06 :eek:

I tried playing 06 a while ago (i'd given 08 to my brother in law) and it was truely horrendous. Probably my least favourite of the series. I'm impressed anyone managed to play a career game with it.

06 :eek:

I tried playing 06 a while ago (i'd given 08 to my brother in law) and it was truely horrendous. Probably my least favourite of the series. I'm impressed anyone managed to play a career game with it.

I had a legendary game with 06, one I've not even come close to replicating since. It just had so many great stories in it.

Without that one save 06 would have been much further down the list.

Just shows how much difference one save can have on people's perception of a game. I adored 08, many hated it, but I had/have a fantastic save on it. I dare say 09 would be top of my list had I not ruined my favourite save by changing jobs :( The fact that I lost that connection means my impression of 09 has plummeted.

Definitely FM 2007, was the best of the FM series.

I may be forced to concede that FM 09 could have taken my experience to a new level, but I could not play the 3D. I tried it on my mate's laptop, but the play itself was rubbish, probably because of a poor match engine, and the games just took so long. Also I found that the widgets that I wanted to use covered the pitch!!

Once I got 08 I did stop playing 07, but for me its match engine (07 that is) was just brilliant, and that has always been the most important thing, to get a match that is as realistically simulated as is possible or the technology allows.

Otherwise I rather play a beautiful to look at with great sound like the Total club manager/Fifa manager series. But the ease of transfers and its simplistic and unrealistic matches have always put me off in favour of Football Manager.

I had a legendary game with 06, one I've not even come close to replicating since. It just had so many great stories in it.

Without that one save 06 would have been much further down the list.

This was your legendary Braintree save, right Dafuge? Have you got any links to the overall 'story' as I'd be interested in having a read.

Regards,

C.

This was your legendary Braintree save, right Dafuge? Have you got any links to the overall 'story' as I'd be interested in having a read.

Regards,

C.

Unfortunately not, every thread I posted about it in was deleted in the forum purge a while ago and I stupidly deleted all the screenshots apart from a few.

I'll try and summarise my career though:

• 50 years spent at one club, Braintree Town
  • Took them from the BSS to the Premiership in straight seasons
  • Extreme success including 23 consecutive CL titles
  • A stadium that held over 130000 and hosted a WC semi final
  • I hit the £2b barrier
  • Home of the greatest player ever, Danny Roberts, who scored over 1000 goals
  • His final goal for the club at the age of 38 was in a CL final
  • After retiring, Danny stayed as assistant, then when I retired he took my job

Those screenshots just go to show that FM06 is miles behind the recent versions but that was my most enjoyable game ever.

Unfortunately not, every thread I posted about it in was deleted in the forum purge a while ago and I stupidly deleted all the screenshots apart from a few.

I'll try and summarise my career though:

• 50 years spent at one club, Braintree Town
  • Took them from the BSS to the Premiership in straight seasons
  • Extreme success including 23 consecutive CL titles
  • A stadium that held over 130000 and hosted a WC semi final
  • I hit the £2b barrier
  • Home of the greatest player ever, Danny Roberts, who scored over 1000 goals
  • His final goal for the club at the age of 38 was in a CL final
  • After retiring, Danny stayed as assistant, then when I retired he took my job

Those screenshots just go to show that FM06 is miles behind the recent versions but that was my most enjoyable game ever.

I had heard of the legendary Danny Roberts but I didn't realise how perfect the end of his career was! :eek:

That's amazing stuff Dafuge. :thup:

Regards,

C.

For me, FM09 has kept my attention the longest. I tend to play for several months straight and I have a rest (usually pre-season). Once the season starts again i get tempted. The depth and playability is fantastic with 9.03.

The pitch took to a whole new level and got it closer to those "pretty boy" graphics that EA Sports keep chucking out. Together with the logos and player pics FM09 is a clear winner to me.

Close second cm01/02 with the 2009 patch.

Archived