Suggestion - New board request

I know I'm very late with this for the 2010 version but it's only a small thing.

I have a 1.5M loan at the moment but 3.7M in the bank.

It should be an option that I can go to the board and ask them to repay/refinance/consolidate our outstanding loan/s.

Why would it be down to the manager to decide how and when loans get paid off?

You could argue that it's unrealistic for a manager to push for new training/youth facilities and a stadium.

You could argue that it's unrealistic for a manager to push for new training/youth facilities and a stadium.

not really because a manager needs these to be the best as possible so he can request from them to be updated

not really because a manager needs these to be the best as possible so he can request from them to be updated

I mean that it's much more likely that directors/board members will take it upon themselves rather than wait for a manger to ask for it.

What about the manager requesting to expand the stadium? Is that realistic? I think it would be an awesome addition!

Don't really quite get what you're saying here. If you're actually asking for it, you can already do it. If it's a joke, I don't get it.

Sorry, I did not explain that well :). I was saying that the manager requesting an expansion to the stadium is in the game but not realistic either. And then seperately, the option to ask your board to repay outstanding loans will be a good addition.

I agree 100% that this should be in the game.

I had a similar experience with Forest (I think on FM07). I had millions in the bank, and yet the Board still continued paying off a loan that would've been costing heaps in interest repayments. Instead of paying off the loan, each year they paid dividends to shareholders (even though the club don't have any). Surely it would make sense to ease the clubs borrowing facility rather than paying dividends?

Even if it's not something a manager would necessarily suggest to the Chairman, it is likely that the manager would have a very good idea of the financial position the club was in, and would suggest it if he thought it would be beneficial to the club - although most managers would probably be happy to keep spending the banks money to keep adding new players to the squad!

I agree it isn't exactly a realistic situation but neither is the current situation where the board don't correct it automatically. In all my years playing I've never seen the board restructure loans so I doubt it's even something that's in the current AI.

If they can get the AI to do it then fine but if not it's something that should be considered for a Manager option.

It would improve playability and realism to finances, and isn't totally outside the job description of the modern manager.

Absolutely Supported :)

It happens all the time that the balance is great but loans are still outstanding. I would prefer my board to reduce the profit and thereby the tax and divdends deductions by making such a payment.

While not realistic for a manager to have any active involvement in the dealings of loans etc, it's little features like this improve the game without turning it in to a gimmicky sim'esq experience, aka FIFA Manager. It would be really useful to advise the board to pay off loans when you have some spare cash

Regarding the realism, as a board request the manager still does not have a say in this. Why should a rl manager not make a recommendation like that to the board?

Okay, he would rather ask for that surplus money to be given to him as a budget :D

Archived