League Rep

I know league rep in fm09 and previous versions was static which means that there is a limit on the quality of players you can attract to the smaller footballing nations, but is this because it is impossible to programme this and so there is no point in hoping it will be announced in future post by SI for fm10 or is it just difficult to impliment and maybe done in future versions such as fm2011/12?

hopefully the above makes sense,

Thanks Thomas

i was thinking of doing the same thing, by increasing league rep each time a team progresses further in europe but then you would have to decrease it if they failed to reach the same stage the following year.

bertilak: complety true, what I did was at the end of every season, check the European competitions latter stages and see what realistically needed changing. For example Rosenborg kept getting into the Champions League 1/4's, I enhanced the league rep a touch and within 5 years Rosenborg got to a European cup final (which they lost 5-0 to Lille - in like 2040 something!) Unfortunatly that save is no longer playable! :(

I noticed a couple of people asked this very same question in the FM 10 announcement thread, and like it was mentioned above, there was no reply.

I, too, am wondering whether this has been changed for the next installment or if it remains unchanged. It would definitely add a lot more realism to the game, especially for those of us who manage outside the more dominant leagues.

totally, it would make the game more appealing and for a longer period of time as i get bored of managing in the bigger leagues(england,spain etc)or struggling in europe with a team that has hit its limited potential and the prospect of starting with a team from northern ireland(as i always do) or other small nations such as iceland and being able to sustain a long term game that will show the results of our hard work in the form of having a world class team with players wanting to play for you would be in my opinion the biggest and best addition to the game be it this year or in the near future.

I agree it would be nice, but if SI want to keep things as close as possible to real life, it shouldn't be something that changes so much. England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France always were the best leagues in europe for years, so maybe between them there are some changes every few years or so... but if you look let's say on Russian league, eventhough a lot of money goes there and there are several teams with european reputation still you can't see it become one of the best leagues in europe. it sucks but that's the situation.

hope i was clear enough...

True to a certain extent, but look at how much the Russian league has changed. A little money, a little UEFA/CL success and the standard of the league is improving. Similarly, the MLS is more respected than it was several years ago. If, for example as I've seen several posters comment about, a player takes the Welsh champion deep into the the CL for a decade straight, surely that would pull the entire domestic league up by it's bootstraps as respect grows for their accomplishments (and additional money flows in).

It would take the right balance to keep league's from jumping all over the place but it's something that would definitely add interest to long term games.

Yeah, I've had that problem on my Bohemians game. Keep getting CL football and all my players want to move to bigger clubs that don't play european football.

I don't think it'd be impossible to code but it would be difficult. I mean, people want league rep to improve but the way I see it is that the problem is clubs like Bohemia, in the leagues they are in ,regularly getting euro games. It wouldn't happen in real life.

It's almost like we are so good at the game that we are breaking it as a result.

I don't think it'd be impossible to code but it would be difficult. I mean, people want league rep to improve but the way I see it is that the problem is clubs like Bohemia, in the leagues they are in ,regularly getting euro games. It wouldn't happen in real life.

It's almost like we are so good at the game that we are breaking it as a result.

There is a certain amount of "breaking" the game, but there are real life scenarios to suggest that league reputation does change over time.

On the positive side, I already mentioned the MLS and Russian league. But on the reverse side consider the slow downfall of the Dutch and French leagues. At one point, the best teams in these leagues (Lyon, Marseille, Ajax, etc.) were flourishing in international competitions; as a result, the Dutch and French leagues were much more respected than they currently are.

Sure, the Irish or Welsh league seem to have little chance of shooting to glory, but a decade ago I doubt anyone thought Ajax & the Dutch league would slowly slide into obscurity.

I take your points. I guess in my Mind a league rep should only go up when there are multiple teams in the league doing well. Not just the one that we re managing. I would guess the Dutch and French leagues slowly degraded because all their better players moved to teams abroad. Teams with money but not necessaryly euro pedigry. So I guess the mony within the league structure has a lot to say about a leagues rep. perhaps even more than how good a team is?

lets take the brazillian leagues. how good would they be if they could keep their players? as it stands the brazil teams have very little chance of making it big in the big euro competitions.

if multiple teams suddenly had an influx of money though, that would be a differnet matter. all of a sudden players would be willing to stay rather than chase the big money from europe. they would be able to entice better players from abroad with promises of bigger wages.

this would lead to better performances, euro qualification, longer runs in the euro competitions, and then league rep would improve.

Archived