What's your favourite part of the season?

The second part of the season is my favourite part. That spring time for me is just awesome. All your hard work in just might be awarded with trophies, and afterwards summer and transfers. It's always a chance for new begining with improved squad.

The official first day of the season, especially when you get the news item telling you about the new batch of youth players in your youth academy. I love the sense of hope you get as you click on each player's profile hoping to see a wonderkid. Usually you're just left with complete disappointment though :(

That, and the 1st of January - finally over the horribly congested Christmas period, you get all the player awards and stuff, and a new transfer window.

The official first day of the season, especially when you get the news item telling you about the new batch of youth players in your youth academy. I love the sense of hope you get as you click on each player's profile hoping to see a wonderkid. Usually you're just left with complete disappointment though :(

That, and the 1st of January - finally over the horribly congested Christmas period, you get all the player awards and stuff, and a new transfer window.

Hmm I love this aswell :D It's like once in a blue moon that I get a wonderkid :mad:

The last few games of the season when your calculator comes out to see if you will drop or not and when you hope for your rivals to get beat 10-0 so you can move up a place on goal diffrence! Ahh the nerves of the dog-fight at the bottom of the table. Its a love hate thing!

End of March because you know the season is about to be decided. I always get that I'll play just one more game and leave it but it ends up I carry on playing till the season has ended and its 3am in the morning with the missus moaning that I've been up all bloody night playing that bloody game again :D

I love the period of time starting with when the new youth players arrive, and ending around October, where you figure out your team and tactics for the season and have all the transfer intrigue. I hate November and April/May, because it starts getting tedious at that point. December's good with transfer rumors, but November is annoying.

The week before Christmas when the CL Knockout Round is drawn and the build up to yet another glorious failure in Europes premier club competition. The excitement as the draw takes place, followed by disppointment when i'm picked against a big hitter, then January filled with false hope and February filled with sadness as we drop out, yet again. :(

It's what makes FM so addictive though.

The last weeks of the season, when I'm (hopefully) already ensured my title and can take last 2-3 league games without any pressure. I can test young players in action and try to build my squad (in my mind) already for next season, as transfer offers are pouring in for my star players.

Gotta agree with that one!

When approximately 27-29 games have been played in the league, I seem to become temporarily addicted and will not stop playing until the season is over. There are plenty of twists and cup finals during this stage as well - so I'd make this my favourite part of the season for football in general.

The beginning of the league season, because preparing for it is what the close-season is there for and that can take a while depending on how much there is to do, plus the excitement of not being entirely sure how it will go rather then knowing you're deep in trouble, stuck in the middle, or walking away easily at the top. That and the return of european competition on the spring if I'm in one.

The friendlies, when FM is busy lying to me about how good my tactics are.

It's the reason I partly hate FM09. I think I've got a good tactic going, and it turns out it's complete pants. So I give up and revert to Knap's tactics

I think I've only made one successful tactic in FM09 :(

This. I love the crossover period between the end of the season and the start of the next. New youth players, Fan's Player of the Year award, best eleven and the season summary showing the best and worst teams and signings of the past season.

This. I love the crossover period between the end of the season and the start of the next. New youth players, Fan's Player of the Year award, best eleven and the season summary showing the best and worst teams and signings of the past season.

I quite like this part (on the VERY rare occasions I make it this far). Have to laugh at the batch of new kids when they come in, especially the one the Ass Man picks out to be the best of the bunch. You click on his profile to view a report on him:

Sammy Lee thinks you should offload New Kid #23 as soon as possible...

Wow! He sounds like a potential world-beater. Not sure at which sport though :D

April to August is favourite. Final push for Title/Trophies/Avoiding Drop then leading into Transfer Window is always good.

Hate September time, especially when im dominating league. Start of Champions League against teams like Brondby etc who im easily gonna beat becomes a bit boring.

The part when my teams playing well and winning, a rare occassion. I normally put in a lot more hours towards the end of the season trying to push for the best position I can. I'm quite looking forward to the first home game of my next season, the old 6,000 seater stadium will be replaced by a brand spankers 17,000 seater. Hopefully i'll still be managing in the Premiership then...

For me it is that period between the end of the season and the pre season. The time when there's a chance of a new stadium being announced or a wonderkid appearing in my youth team.
Summer transfer window. I love deciding on my final targets and going after them.

What they said. I love seeing my new youth players, hoping for yet another world class player and going to splash some cash on my targets that i've been eying up for a couple of years :D

It has to be the last 10 games of the season depending on where you currently stand in the league table, last season I was in a battle with Real Madrid and Barca for top spot in my first season (Currently managing At. Madrid) all was looking rosey picking up victories left right and centre against everyone. Only to be hit with a few major injuries to my strikers, at the time i only had Forlan Aguero and Cardozo with 2 of those being injured i had to adapted to a 4-2-3-1 formation which did not work out as planned and ended up losing a few games and vital points. In the end I finished 3rd 6 points behind Real and 2 behind Barca which was frustrating but very exciting, I'll update you with the end of season two once its been concluded.

I like it when the pink ladies come to dance on the field, it most pleases me in the winter of Germany - Sara used to say it so well, and with a smile. Her affection was lost on me most of the time, but my heart grew fonder of this seasonal period, as the warmth of my heart, ceased to decrease the cold that was eminating from around me.

Archived