Championship to Champions League

How long has it taken you to bring your Championship side to Champions League football?

I'm Sheff Utd in my second season and I'm 16th in the premiership trying to avoid the drop, but at this rate I'm looking at a long time of thinking of 4th place :\ How long has it taken anyone to get to Champions League?

I got Nottingham Forest promoted. First season I came 10th, second season 8th and 3rd in the third season.

I lost to AC Milan in the 1st knockout stage. Have gone on to win the Premier League 4 times and the Champions League twice.

Just finished my 2nd season in the Prem with M'boro, using FM Weegie update. Finished 1st season in Prem in 9th, this season I finished 6th, just 1 point off 4th. Owing more to the fact that I failed to beat Stoke and Wigan at home, then the 4-1 defeats away to Chelsea and Liverpool.

I went into the last game needing to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford to stand a chance of nicking 4th from Liverpool. I led 1-0 until the 67th min, when Justin Hoyte (who otherwise had been impecable all season at RB) gave the ball away to Evra, who slotted home....then 4 mins later, decided to run AWAY from evra as he crossed for Rooney to slot home at the back post.

Liverpool lost and Sunderland won, meaning I finished 6th NOT 5th, worse still, Liverpool won the Champions League, meaning Sunderland qualified for it by 5 goals....I scored 5 more but conceded 10 extra!

Hopefully this season will be my season to push on, but sadly I think I've missed my chance.

Hmm let's see. I got promoted from the Championship in 2017, and finished 6th in the Prem in 2018, sealing a Euro Cup place. I won the Euro Cup in 2019 and came 5th in the league. Then in 2020 won both the league and the Euro Cup, to get into the Champions League in 2021, where I got to the semi-finals.

So 4 years.

Well i recently started a season with Newcastle in our new relegated state :( , got us promoted with 120 points and now im 4th in the prem in the following season with about 10 games to go, ive also just won the carling cup. My best players have been Gignac and razvan rat, i also managed to get Fernando Gago on a cheap from real after their spending spree.

My Leeds record on my second Leeds game:

L1: play off promotion

CH: 10th

CH: 1st

Prem: 6th

Prem: 3rd

So, 4 seasons from Champ to Prem. This was my second try and it was the first I used on the 9.3 patch. Got sacked on the previous patch for not doing so well in L1. Of course, by the time I started the second game I knew of quite a few sure-fire bargains, so not sure ho great my acheivment is. Got five world-class freebies in the season I got to the CL including van der Vaart.

How much did yous get to spend? - i cut my wage budget down to less than 500k a week (Newcastle) through the championship. i managed to get 30mil to spend in the first season back. Plus Fernando Gago signed before id even finished in the championship with about 105 points 5 games before the end.

I'm Aldershot

League 2 2nd promoted

League 1 mid table

League 1 Winner

Champ Mid table (still playing)

Not sure how long it will take to get into prem, let alone champ league

I'm also playing a game as the Shots!

Took until 2012 to get promoted to League 1; in 2015 we got promoted to the Championship; 2020 was our first season in the EPL.

I spent the first few years just trying to build some funds and improve the facilities. We now have over AU$500mil in the bank and looking very good for a 3rd (maybe 2nd) place finish in the 24/25 season. Also in FA Cup final and Euro Cup final, having only won the Johnston Paint Trophy in all my 17 or so years at the club!

Archived