Loyalty and Ambition

Yes it's another "what should I do" thread. I'm playing fm 2007 with my favourite club NK Zagreb. So the story goes...

Last season we entered Champions league and beat teams like Dinamo Kiev, Shakhtar, Real Madrid. After taking the third place and continuing in uefa cup, we eliminated Man Utd, Ajax and Chelsea along the way, only to lose in semi-finals against eventual winners Villareal. After being a man down for entire first leg and losing 3:0, in the second leg at home, we managed to score two goals before we run out of time. Last season was brilliant. As a result of that, we have a lot of money, brought in a new talented player. Still, it would be hard to repeat last season.

While making my plans for a new season, just four days before the first european game in second qualifier of CL against Debrecen I'm receiving a job offer, from no other than CSKA Moscow. I've just told their representative I need a couple of hours to think and decide. However I have no idea what to do. Managing a big club like CSKA in a good division would allow me to build my reputation even further, it would also allow me to sign better players and achieve greater success, but...

... but Zagreb is my club. I fear I've taken it as far as possible, but if I leave, I'm afraid the club will go back to averageness. I ask myself do I owe it to myself, fans and the players (whom I didn't allow to leave) few more seasons, few more years of european giants in "kranjca" and perhaps we just could do the impossible, the unimaginable. Bring home the european cup. As I put these thoughts to paper, the answer seems to reveal itself...

take the job, you might have taken them as far as you can get them, if the club your at just now hire a good manager after you then they should stay a top team. Besides your season your about to have good go horrible wrong and you might not get a job offer worth talking about for a long time.

Archived