FM08 - club most dominating its league?

After a break of three to four months I'm trying to get into the game again, a bit casually, maybe trying to fiddle around with all kinds of stuff, just playing for the fun of it. For this I'm looking for a club that is dominating its league in a way that finishing anything else but champion is equal to Mission Impossible.

Thing is, at the top of my head there's nothing that comes to mind. At least not in the top flights... any hints?

In the major leagues I can't think of that sort of a "Mission Impossible" situation, but the best approximation would probably be:

Lyon in France (IRL they've won Ligue 1 several years on the trot sans last year)

Rangers/Celtic in Scotland (only competing against the other power)

Yeah, those are the ones I was thinking about myself, but they're not quite there... Another one that comes to mind is Red Bull Salzburg, the richest club in Austria by a countrymile. Seeing that you're English(?), is there any club like this in English lower league footie?

try Bohemians in the Irish Premier League. They have the best team and constantly winning the league by about at least 10 points every season.

They qualify for Champions league obv for finsihing first, that would be mission impossible to get them to win that!!

Id have a look at either Irish or Welsh leagues. Seems to always be the same teams winning it and getting into the qualifying champ lg rounds. Wouldnt swear to this though as i havent tried it meself...

or you could go manage in Hong Kong lague and manage South China, or Dongguan. They tend to be the only two powers in that league on 08 as theyre the only "full time" teams in the top division. The Asian champ league is a good challenge, and if you win that, the Club world champ is a bugger to get anywhere in... believe me, i tried for a lot of years!

Linfield in Northern Ireland is probably another one, if you feel like a challenge to win the Champions League, but not much of a league challenge.

So far I stumbled two times before reaching the last qualifying round - just did so against Red Star Belgrade on away goals! Terrific performance in both games against much superior opposition. Did naught in either of the Irish cups, but finished 14 points ahead of 2nd placed Glentoran in the league in 2007/2008. Gotta say though it's pretty hard to find any players to improve the squad. I mean, you kind of already have most of the best players in the league, and better ones don't really want to come to Belfast. Yet I signed Rafik Mezriche, an Algerian international in Summer07 and Teddy Bertin, a French once involved with Ligue 1 football at Strasbourg, Le Havre and Marseilles. Bertin's physical attributes aren't all that though, guy's approaching his fourties. Still, for the Irish Prem he's up there with the greats. This is also the first time I'm playing a sweeper. Good stuff.

Archived