Tapping up a player

Just wondering is there a certain ammount of time you need to leave between declaring an interest in a player? I want to unsettled a player that has interest in coming to my club but obviously I cant declare an interest in him every other week. I am sure I read somewhere that it was 30 something days but cant be sure, any idea?

It doesn't really seem to work that well for me. happens all the time irl though

Yeah irl you hear managers talking about players nearly every day, but maybe disguising it.

Like Ferguson will say that he is interested in a player. Then the next day he'll say he's made a bid and it's with the players club, and he'll mention it as much as possible.

If you show interest/comment on his potential more than once in a 30 day window, the player tends to respond negatively to your second remark. Basically wait a month + a day and you're in the clear.

But that's what I don't get. Why should it be different for AI managers and human managers? Like you say, usually if I talk about a player he tends to respond in a bad way the 2nd or 3rd time. While AI managers can try unsettlning him all the time during the transfer windows. Usually my players either always respond in a good manner or says he has no interest in moving. This was my biggest hate thing about FM08 as Milan, Real and Barca constantly wanted my players and I ended up loosing half the team cause they wanted to move as soon as either of them started blabbing on to the press...thankfully it's a bit more controlled on FM09.

If you constantly say that you want to sign a certain player and you don't, then the media starts laughing at you and you don't have creditbility with them or with other players you are interested in signing, they simply dismiss your remark and don't become unsettled.

Same if you repeatedly tell a player he's playing fantastic, the team just think you're easily pleased or sucking up to the player.

There's no limit really. Unsettle them by saying you want to sign them. Wait a day or two. Launch a bid. The player will say he's unhappy with the bid being rejected.

Come in at a lower offer than before.

Bid accepted.

Archived