Getting staff for an average international team

I'm currently managing Watford, and after their atrocious performance in the ACN, decided to go for the Ghana job as well.

The good news is that I got it. The bad news is that I made the rash decision of getting rid of the staff because they had awful stats. Big mistake, as I now cannot get anyone to do these jobs. Admittedly I started off by setting my sights far too high, but I can't even convince someone useless to fill any of the roles.

Any tips on how I should go about recruiting? I'm not necessarily looking for names, just any sort of idea on what I should be looking for? There are no Ghanain staff (apart from the ones who I got rid of, who won't rejoin due to their impending retirements), I've yet to find a Dutch speaker who will take the job, none of my club staff want it even though I'm on their favoured personel list, and I'm running out of ideas.

Dutch? Ghana's an English speaking country, isn't it?

Try to get the best unemployed staff you can, I suppose- there's sure to be a good physio lurking out there. Maybe filter by reputation- by that I mean, go for regional at the highest!

Thanks for the replies (for some reason the default Ghanain staff spoke Dutch and only Dutch).

I've tried hiring my clubs staff but they don't want to know. To be fair one of them is part of the England setup, but none of them are interested. As for reputation, I'd assumed that would work, but rubbish, unemployed, obscure staff seem to be saying no.

I took over senegal and it took forever to get coaches, phyiso's and an assistant Manager. FIrst look at Ghana nationals as they will always accept. Then if you can't get your club coaches, try hiring unproven regens as I found that was the onlt way I got a phyiso with a skill higher than 11. Also really at international level your coach's won't really have all that much affect as they only have a very limited time coaching the players. I actually hire coaches who have good scouting abilities as I use them to have up-to-date scout reports on my complete national pool of players. The best part of this is that you can try and perswade players who are basically senegelise, or in your case Ghanian, as a second nationality to join you national squad by soming interest in them. I got a french guy from Sevilla who ended up anchoring my RWB postion for the next 5 years for senegal by doing this. It seems to of worked, as we took the African nations title and got knocked out in the quaterfinals of the world cup againist the Spain who ended up winning it all. not bad I thought

Archived