possible FM2010 finance structure dilemmas...

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I couldnt find the wishlist. And I think this is worth discussion: A lot of things remain in the game to improve the fun, such as transfer negotiations, that wouldn't necessarily be in a manager's hands. As I'm sure people have noticed, there are some discrepancies between FM's financial system and the real life model:

a) "parachute payments" - When a team gets relegated from the English Premiership, they get paid parachute payments of £11m a year (?) to help them cope with the step down.

b) Champions league revenue - Arguably from what I've read, FM underestimates CL income. I might be wrong?

c) FM also underestimates Prem income according to what I've read - it's said to be £50m a year, where I make it about £30-40m a year when u get promotion. (Again, might be wrong, been a while since I did it!)

d) There's going to be a huge leap in the top earners' wages. I cant remember being able to offer more than £120,000 p/w. but now top players are topping £200k.

e) sugar daddies- will chelsea and man city have benefactors ad infinitum in FM2010 or should they get bored eventually and withdraw like they inevitably will in real life?

f) Commercial income - there should possibly be more commercial income changes depending on the signature of players. For example, signing David Beckham would cause a whirlwind of sales. Etc. (as well as a suggestion I made earlier about raising profile by playing American/Asian friendly tournaments etc)

The question is, which of these changes would be good for realism, and which would detract from fun?

a) will probably happen in FM10

b) i'm this will be addressed.

c) when i got swindon to the prem i got £59m all together

d) good point and will probs be added, although you can offer that now if you have the money.

e) they eventually leave in game allready. i had chelsea go into administration in 2015/16 season.

f) happens allready.

Archived