A solution for the loan problem.

After spending so long trying to get my really good youngsters out on loan, I never understood why, when I offer them free of charge and no wage contribution, no club in the world wants to loan such a good player out. I never got any offers and it was really fustrating, so I started to figure this problem out and found the solution. Now I've got ALL my promising youngsters out on a loan, and because of the many offers, they have very good clubs where they play regularly. The only player I still have trouble loaning out (there are offers, but he would act as a cover) is a young goalkeeper. But he is not nearly good enough to play in my first team and it's understandable that nobody wants him as first choice yet.

Alright, here are the tricks. Try to do them all in order and you should get a LOT of offers. Most of the time I get about 15 to 20 offers.

1. Go to the player profile, select Set Transfer Status.

2. Now here comes a probably illogical step, but it's absolutely nessecary. Set his transfer status to Transfer Listed, Not Needed By The Club and Available For Loan. Once that's done, click confirm.

3. Now right after you've click Confirm, you offer the player to clubs on loan. Leave everything at 0, and click confirm.

4. Now wait for a couple of days, and you should get a lot of offers for the player. His morale might be affected by him being transfer listed, but when he is finally on loan, he'll be happy again.

Well, I really hope this helps a lot of people as it helped me. Please post your results and ask any questions if you have them. :)

I do something similar now with players I can move.

Simply:

1. Set as 'Listed for Loan'

2. Wait for clubs to appear in the 'Interested' section of their profile under 'Transfer'

3. Offer out on loan to clubs

If no clubs appear in the 'Interested' section.

4. Transfer List

5. Wait, a lot more clubs will be interested

6. Offer out on loan.

Once they move to the loan club, remove them off the transfer list.

This has worked for the hardest players to move, those with out EU nationality.

Doesn't this unsettle the player, if he is transfer listed?

Depends on the personality. I've seen players getting motivated by having their happiness as 'Wanting to prove their worth', others are a little unsettled, others are considering their options. Fact is that it doesn't matter anymore once they are loaned out: then you can remove them from the transfer list, set them as hot prospect and reject all offers again. After they get playing time with their club, they will regain happiness again. It doesn't really matter if the player gets a little unsettled.

Not just the player; won't it lead to squad disharmony??

Nope, not for me at least. This is because most of the players were still in the U19 team. Even if some were in the First Team, you wouldn't loan out a first eleven player, would you? The first team doesn't seem to really care. Heck, I even loaned out a certain first-eleven player (left/right winger) because right winger position was taken and I want left winger position to be played by a very promising talent who is really good already for his age. The right winger however, will be to old after this season, so after the loan I'll play the loaned out player at his position. The players didn't seem to care and after one match (which resulted in a win), everybody was happy again. Plus, I got 4 million and they paid 60% of his wages... way better than leaving him on the bench, eh? :)

Not unless you want it.

No, it automatically transfer-list the player if you do, but you can set this off in a manager options menu. However, it doesn't really matter since you need to transfer list him after all.

phnompenhandy, did it work out for you?

C'mon, get your priorities sorted! :)

Dude, I really try, but have some pity - you try explaining to a bevy of dark-skinned young super-model micro-skirted pole-dancers who barely speak English jostling to give you 'massa' that you'd really rather be alone in your bedroom moving little blobs around. It's hard, believe me :(

Dude, I really try, but have some pity - you try explaining to a bevy of dark-skinned young super-model micro-skirted pole-dancers who barely speak English jostling to give you 'massa' that you'd really rather be alone in your bedroom moving little blobs around. It's hard, believe me :(

Yeah, I can relate to that :)

• 1 month later...

Archived