Board accepting offers

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to stop the board selling a star player. They are trying to sell my star player for £1.5m and he is worth £850k so not even double. The only hint i have is to become a club, almost buy the star player and then cancel the deal, hoping no one else tries to by him again.

set his value at 40 mill in his transfer status, it puts teams off, i have never had a problem against it and if they pay 40 mill its a good deal for you and your club

This is a good idea if you want to get a good price but some people have found that doing the opposite works better. By setting an asking price of zero, the board never step in so you can reject all the bids yourself.

Personally, I think this feature is part of football so I accept my chairman selling players and will always look to get the best price possible.

i really think this feature needs to be taken out or at least changed to the point where the board will accept bids that seem reasonable based on the player and their status at your club. my brother, playing as udinese, lost zapata, his star defender of course, for 11mil and he was worth 8mil and his status was indispensable now i think the board stepping in for 3 mil more then what they value him at is stupid, they should have least stepped in for any offer of 15mil and over.

Archived