A million pound on 200 seats?!? Gutted!

Can't believe it!!

I've got Harrogate from the Blue Square Premier, to the Blue Square North, to League 2, to League 1, and last year lost in the play off final to get into the championship......by which time I've built up a bank balance of £1.2m only to find out that I've just been rinsed for £1,100,052.25, over a million quid to add 229 seats!!!

Sounds like contract rigging to me! That's the amount I've got under expenditure for this month on ground maintenance, and I've checked the facilties and we still have basic youth, and poor corporate facilties. The only other thing we had done was had the pitch relayed because it was a bog but still - pitch relay and 229 seats cannot come to a million quid?!

We charge £24 a ticket, so those 29 seats, if, and I do mean if, we fill them every game will generate £5,496 game, so to make back my million pound will take me 181 games! Say we play on average 25 home games a season, that's over SEVEN SEASONS to recoup my money!

SACK THE BOARD?!

Seriously, do you think??????

Absolutely.

7 seasons to recoup a stadium expansion is absolutely realistic, maybe even cheap. From season 8 on you will make profits only and forever. That's a good investment.

Also, smaller expansions tend to be more expensive per seat. What I would rather question here is why they haven't done an expansion by 2000 or 3000 seat for 5m and take a loan for that. They should be able to see a return on that and the ground is then better prepared for the future. Also they should be aware that you will need this million now to strenghten the team. This is where I would question the AI while the figures seems perfectly realistic.

Btw my club irl just expands the ground by 4000 seats for € 13m. Just compare. That's what it costs.

Seriously, do you think??????
Absolutely.

7 seasons to recoup a stadium expansion is absolutely realistic, maybe even cheap. From season 8 on you will make profits only and forever. That's a good investment.

Also, smaller expansions tend to be more expensive per seat. What I would rather question here is why they haven't done an expansion by 2000 or 3000 seat for 5m and take a loan for that. They should be able to see a return on that and the ground is then better prepared for the future. Also they should be aware that you will need this million now to strenghten the team. This is where I would question the AI while the figures seems perfectly realistic.

Btw my club irl just expands the ground by 4000 seats for € 13m. Just compare. That's what it costs.

I was joking but jayahr's logic is splendid!

A possibility may be that a new ring needed to be added. If a Stadium needs a new ring, that costs alot of money. So when they charged you one milion, they probably charged you for the whole added ring, even though you only use a small part for the seats.

Just my two cents!

Seems pretty realistic to me tbh, Not like you can just throw some plastic chairs onto the stands and bolt em down. the existing stand may not have been compatible with seating.. theres all sorts of reasons why it would have cost that much, or even more... trust me, im an architect, i know these things ;):p

Well, Im sure that the capacity of the ground wasnt all that much anyway. Maybe around 3000, with say 500 seated? In this case they are increasing the stadium size by around 8% and adding over 50% to the seated section. Depending on your average attendances this may be spot on. It's all relative.

I agree it's a lot of money though, and could perhaps have been better used elsewhere.

That makes sense though. He is saying he is still in League 1 because he lost the playoff final.

I am impressed how he went from Blue square premier down to north and then straight up to League 2 though :D

ha ha ha.

TO ALL:

obviously what I meant was started off in the Blue Square North, then went up to the Blue Square Premier, then up to League 2, then up to League 1, and then I got to the play off FOR the championship but LOST so I am still in league 1. not consecutively mind. over 10 seasons.

But the topic is about stadium expansion anyway so who cares.

Archived