Suggestion or Discussion?! See it whatever way you want!

I don't know if this has ever been brought up before or anything but...

Have anyone ever imagined themselves or wished there was an option where they could be addressing the fans through the media and telling them that the reason the team's recent performance are terrible was due to one problem or the other.

I know I am (currently doing so now). In my last four games, my teams struggled. Though we beat Valencia 2-1 in the Champions League group stage, we were lucky cause Bonera was sent off and both my goals were on the counter. Richards was send of in the next game against Udinese and banned for two matches.

Seedorf is out for four months, Ambrosini for two months, Kaka for a month, Ronaldo for two months and now to add to that list is Cristiano Ronaldo, who's out for four months. Now I would attribute this injuries to my training schedule but it's on medium and these injuries occurred during matches.

Without sufficient backup, my youths are rubbish, I'm forced to play players out of position (e.g. playing Kaladze (DL) as AML). The fans aren't happy with recent performances, seeing as we've lost out first position to Lazio and are now trailing behind them with Inter just a point behind us, but can't they at least understand.

I know that may not be an excuse but I'm sure if I had my star players available, we'd do well.

So, anyone ever thought of that and what would it be like if that sort of feature was added.

There, I'm done raving, now I'm off to bed icon_biggrin.gif

I don't know if this has ever been brought up before or anything but...

Have anyone ever imagined themselves or wished there was an option where they could be addressing the fans through the media and telling them that the reason the team's recent performance are terrible was due to one problem or the other.

I know I am (currently doing so now). In my last four games, my teams struggled. Though we beat Valencia 2-1 in the Champions League group stage, we were lucky cause Bonera was sent off and both my goals were on the counter. Richards was send of in the next game against Udinese and banned for two matches.

Seedorf is out for four months, Ambrosini for two months, Kaka for a month, Ronaldo for two months and now to add to that list is Cristiano Ronaldo, who's out for four months. Now I would attribute this injuries to my training schedule but it's on medium and these injuries occurred during matches.

Without sufficient backup, my youths are rubbish, I'm forced to play players out of position (e.g. playing Kaladze (DL) as AML). The fans aren't happy with recent performances, seeing as we've lost out first position to Lazio and are now trailing behind them with Inter just a point behind us, but can't they at least understand.

I know that may not be an excuse but I'm sure if I had my star players available, we'd do well.

So, anyone ever thought of that and what would it be like if that sort of feature was added.

There, I'm done raving, now I'm off to bed icon_biggrin.gif

Your biggest headache is probably not the fans. I'd worry about the board; they are unforgiving, always blaming the current manager for everything. If former managers have done poorly, it's YOUR fault. If former managers have ruined the finances, it's YOUR fault.

The situation you describe is unfortunate. But one could argue that you have failed to maintain a sufficient squad depth if "only" 4 or 5 injuries can topple the load at a big club such as yours.

But returning to your proposal. I wouldn't mind improved communications with fans (and board for that matter). Something for the future, hopefully.

Fans' confidence appears to be purely cosmetic, and as long as you're on course for your long-term goals so is the board. Since 802 at least. If you're still on 801 patch you're in big trouble. I've had fans and board saying they're not happy with me right up until the final whistle of the campaign (because they don't take into account games in hand), and suddenly I was a legend.

Winning the Champions League is "pleasing" but the 1-1 draw you had at the end of your group when you'd already won it and decided to blood some of your kids against Plopski United "cannot be ignored".

The wording is strong but it doesn't affect your standing.

In answer to the OP's question, though, yes - even though it's fairly cosmetic now, I'd like to see the fans and board happy. Better media interraction would go some way to that. Each version seems to try more stuff like this so I'd expect an improvement for FM09. Whether it'll go far enough to please everyone, I doubt it - SI will never please everyone - but am looking forward to it nontheless.

Archived