Why oh why

You had 2 clear cut chances, you got one of them in. They had one clear cut chance, they got it in. Game ends 1 - 1.

You're having a lot of long range shots in your tactics I guess? Looks like the players aren't very good at long range shots, or at least the tactic hasn't worked on this occasion.

Two CCCs to Palace's one. Sounds like you are controlling posession but the quality of your chances are pretty poor. A pea-roller that dribbles into the keeper's hands is still a shot on target. Try slowing the tempo a little or reducing the attacking mentality of your strikers - both these things can lead to impatient build up and players snapping at shots.

That's what I noticed too. The stats only tell half the story. You can be raining down 20-yard shots on goal but if they're all going straight to the keeper it doesn't mean anything. Only 2 CCC suggests you're not really getting the ball in the right areas before taking a shot. I'd say you were a little unlucky but nothing out of the ordinary.

I guess its just one of those games. Take for example yesterday's Italian Supercup, Inter had over 25 shots (over 15 on target) and managed to score only once, Lazio had 3 shots and netted 2, Muslera had a terrific day and they also had a lot of luck. I guess that sometimes you are really lucky and sometimes luck just kicks you in the theeth and eats your dog or whatever.

Archived