For the midgame patches please make it a future transfer!

I love it when the game is patched because the db is more up to date in terms of player skills and such. However, what is massively annoying is that fact that you can the January transfers in the summer. Can you guys please make the db start in January and July or just make it a future transfer? This game is about realism and it gets quite annoying when you still seee Defoe in Portsmouth and Keane at Liverpool and Arshavin already at Arsenal.

Of course SI can always do one of those Live updates that other games do in which you can start at anytime. Although all I really want if it to be accurate and let me start the game when it actually is suppose to.

An option to start up in January would be way more preferable and hugely welcome. I know CM are doing something similar at points throughout the season, but they are charging for it. If I want to do this, I will disable transfers in the first transfer window, then holiday to January, but it doesn't stop more transfers going ahead.

As for "future transfers" I think there are too many variables, too many questions, too many scenarios for this to truly work.

I join a club in August and already my January transfer budget is spent?

Some of my players who are still at the club know there are leaving so are less motivated?

What about when we arrive in January, when to the transfers take place - on the 1st, or on the actual dates they happen in real life?

Are no transfers allowed in January other than those that already happened in real life?

Should we be able to make other transfers at the start of the season?

(there are probably more, but essentially, no matter what SI do in this case, they'll never please everyone).

Maybe an either/or options could be made available by SI, but if it's a choice between the two I vote keep it as-is.

I actually find it annoying as hell having future transfers for the next summer agreed already. Just started a new save and my team will sign an utter crap player next summer and there's nothing I can do about it. With players joining or leaving even in the middle of the season it would be even worse.

Archived