Small niggly thing I'd hope to see in FM10

Nothing major, just that whenever I've been promoted for example to the Premiership, a different class of players would sign for us (via the assistant filter), yet they never show up until some time after the transfer window starts (I've never been able to pin down exactly when it happens).

Surely, if we are confirmed champions of the Championship by the beginning of April, then the players that would be interested in signing for us would be showing up in the beginning of April?

It's always been a minor niggle for me, especially when I am on a tight budget, and all the best free/cheap players are signed up before I get the chance to even look at them.

I don't know how the game mechanics sort these players out (via reputation probably), but surely if a team is promoted, then the reputation should go up straight away? Or perhaps there is a good reason for this that hasn't occurred to me?

I see your point and I agree that players would be more attracted to sign for a club that had just been promoted prior to the summer transfer window. I'm not sure how SI would go about implementing it but I like your idea :thup:

Definitely should be changed as you tend to miss out on some transfers as your club isnt recognised as being in the higher division until the season reset date (jun 19th/20th in eng iirc)

Nothing major, just that whenever I've been promoted for example to the Premiership, a different class of players would sign for us (via the assistant filter), yet they never show up until some time after the transfer window starts (I've never been able to pin down exactly when it happens).

Surely, if we are confirmed champions of the Championship by the beginning of April, then the players that would be interested in signing for us would be showing up in the beginning of April?

It's always been a minor niggle for me, especially when I am on a tight budget, and all the best free/cheap players are signed up before I get the chance to even look at them.

I don't know how the game mechanics sort these players out (via reputation probably), but surely if a team is promoted, then the reputation should go up straight away? Or perhaps there is a good reason for this that hasn't occurred to me?

Hopefully this great idea will be in FM10 :thup:

Great thinking :cool:;):rolleyes:

Archived