Realistic to pause ingame?

When playing a match (ingame) isit realistic to pause the game while you change players(subs), change tactics and formations and changing the tactical sliders? What do you guys do? Thanks and all advice is appreicated.

I nearly always pause when making subs and changing tactics. Because I watch the matches on the fastest setting I lose far too much match time if I try and do it while the match is going on.

Maybe it isn't realistic but then again watching a match on full speed and highlights only isn't either.

I think it is realistic because it's easier to shout out instructions IRL while in the game it can take several minutes to change mentality, closing down, forward runs etc. for 4 different players while IRL it would take a few seconds to shout to them that they should be more defensive.

If you don't want to pause you don't have to, just make your changes on-the-fly. I like to pause the game like others have said, because it would take me about 10-15 minutes of game time to make my changes.

its an option and you dont need to pause if you dont want to. so i think it caters for all types. i think, really, that the only time you could get away with not pausing when making subs is if your playing a game with full highlights. if its just key highlights and you dont pause the game could pass quite a lot before you actually confirm them.

If I have a comfortable lead, I will probably make quick changes while the match plays. If not, I will pause and take my time with substitutions. Not overly bothered onr ealism, for the reasons given by daf and Cougar.

Exactly the same tbh :thup:

It depends, I personnaly wouldn't frown upon it, if you want to make various changes, that require so many clicks and dragging this and clicking this that and the other, the in game match team keeps on moving on so I find it very difficult to make so many tweaks/changes if I can't pause or the game stops. As in game, may move on quicker. Than anticipated. You know...

So it really can't be an unrealistic method as it''s a game, wanting to this, this and this sometimes requires a little more time to implement.

Archived