Dafuge in reverse?

BORED OF WINNING EVERYTHING? WANT TO SEE HOW WELL YOU CAN LOSE?

Something someone said in Dafuge's challenge thread recently made me think. They were thinking about trying to take their wonderfully succesful team (I forget who, FC United or Maidstone I think, possibly) back down again, through the leagues to the unplayable leagues. It made me wonder if it would be possible to do this on a grander scale.

So your challenge, should you choose to accept it is as follows...I wouldnt recommend taking this challenge if you have any intention to play FM10, because I anticipate it taking at least a couple of years to complete:

Take control of one of the big 4 OR MANCHESTER CITY (for obvious reasons). Your job is to take your club down as far as possible as fast as possible, but without getting sacked. So you wont be able to just lose every game, you'll have to go very gradually from a major European force to Boreham Wood's level. To complete the challenge, you must get one of those five teams relegated from the Blue Square North or South, and you must post a screenshot showing absolute proof that it has been the same manager all along (Manager>History>Achievements should give you the date of arrival which should be something like 7.7.08). Along with that, I will want a screenshot of the Blue Square North or South, showing that one of the "big five" (as surely we must now call them) has been relegated to the regional leagues and is no longer playable in your game. Manchester City will be a little bit harder - because if you play with Manchester City, you have to win every single major trophy at least once.

That means you must win - though in no particular order (I think I have included all of them, havent I?):

Premiership

Champions League

Europa League (UEFA/EURO Cup)

Super Cup

World Club Championship

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Community Shield

...before going downwards. So in other words, Man City is even more of a challenge because you have to build them up before knocking them down. This is because Man City's reputation is a bit lower, so this should help compensate for it and make taking them down as difficult as taking any of the other 4 down. Having won the Premiership at least once, plus the Champions League, World Club Championship and so on, their reputation should have caught up with the others.

I will be very impressed if anyone manages it but it might be quite fun to try, especially if you're a fan of one of their rivals....Fulham fans - don't you dream of this happening to the Blue Boys? Arsenal fans - I know we all dream of this happening to United, whose fans in turn would, I'm sure, love to see City's money lead them only to oblivion... Evertonians - imagine Liverpool playing non-league football eh?! And yes, i fear I must add to that - all you Sp**s fans - well... it doesnt hurt to dream does it?!

Let the challenge begin... My money is on Liverpool to be the first team to manage this! That is, if it ever happens!

Guest roberto922

This would take decades upon decades, you'd need at least 5 years IMO to get the club expectations down to a low enough level for the board to accept relegation from the Premiership

Guest arrogantio

In FM07 I was disappointed that I was allowed to relegate Chelsea in the first season and didn't get the sack until an exceptionally poor start in the Championship

The board must have still been overjoyed by my glorious Charity Shield triumph

I'm guessing the "Club Stature" stats are going to make it very difficult to convince the board you're not dragging the club down even if you only underachieve by very small amounts each year and have good cup runs in relegation seasons.

Guest roberto922

it would also be very boring though imo, I remember when I was 12 trying to get Liverpool down without getting the sack, don't know if it would have worked because I was fed up of trying to lose after a month

Archived