Euro Vase

A small point I guess, but just curious about the mechanics. It's March 15th in the game, and I've been offered entry to the Euro Vase, which I accepted. However, the minimum EPL place I could mathematically fall to is third. Therefore, there is no chance I'll be in contention for it, whether I wanted to or not. So, why does the game offer?

Originally posted by 18-WATP-73:

is the invitation not sent to everyteam in every eligible league regardless if they can enter it or not? they dont take your league postition into account or where you can finish.

Only thing i can suggest

Just the top divisions in Europe I think.

And it will exclude teams that are already assured of a place in Europe next season.

Plus if the winner of the national cup were to finish just below the team who are in the UEFA Cup slot say 6th in the Premiership, then the Euro Vase place willl got to the team in 7th I think.

If this is not correct then someone please correct me.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

And it will exclude teams that are already assured of a place in Europe next season.

That's my point, i.e. it didn't do the above. I'm guessing Stevenage must have got it right.

Originally posted by 18-WATP-73:

is the invitation not sent to everyteam in every eligible league regardless if they can enter it or not? they dont take your league postition into account or where you can finish.

True. Even the reigning Champions League winner will be offered a Toto Cup (Euro Vase) spot. And every European top tier league is offered one spot to the highest positioned team not already qualified to either the UEFA Cup or CL, regardless of the standard of their league.

Logic should dictate that direct qualification to Europe will supersede any Euro Vase commitments.

In Iceland it isn't an application for, so I expect some leagues are the same, its either a reward for finishing fourth or winning the domestic cup (the season I got in I finished fourth and won the domestic cup lol) so whilst in the premiership anyone can apply in other leagues is qualification only.

But yea, in leagues like the premiership, it is offered to every team, some apply, some don't.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

You might turn it down if you were worried about fixture congestion.

this

in real life I think Reading (after 06-07 - obviously now they don't have to worry about it!) said they would play a team of youth players if they qualified for the UEFA Cup, because they didn't want to tire out their first teamers.

Archived