You thought Steve McClaren was bad??

I was thinking Rio Ferdinand, didn't he play quite well for Utd when he went in goal for them once (great game, four different keepers :D)

Rio went in against Pompey and failed to save a pen. O'Shea went in against Tottenham and saved a 1 on 1 with compatriot Robbie Keane

I like it when outfield players have to go in goal. I know Rooney fancies himself as a bit of a keeper, and I think John O'Shea is meant to be quite good. I remember when Phil Jagielka played for Sheffield United, he had to go in goal against Arsenal...this is off his Wikipedia:

In a home match against Arsenal on 30 December 2006, due to a thigh injury to starting goalkeeper Paddy Kenny and with his team 1-0 up, Jagielka was forced to play in goal for the remainder of the match. Arsenal were kept at bay for the remaining thirty-four minutes and Jagielka's late save from Robin van Persie secured the 1-0 victory. His ability to deputise in goal meant that Neil Warnock was able to, and usually did, do without a substitute goalkeeper on the bench.

Any other good outfield 'goalkeepers'?

Pfft, Warnock would rather have put a striker in goal- he always check how good they were before he signed them. Jagielka was third choice :p

They tend to be terrible tbh. Millwall used three goalkeepers at the Madejski. Their first was sent off for handball at 1-0. They had no sub on the bench. The second let in three before half time. In the second half, they brought on one of their outfield subs to go in goal. He only let in 1, and it finished 5-0.

The reason for the OP's result was due it not being run on full-detail by the looks of it, as the report button is greyed out. Often in matches that aren't run in detail, goalkeepers seem to get a lot of bookings and injuries strangely enough.

"Any other good outfield 'goalkeepers'?"

Matt Taylor, centre back at Exeter City used to actually be a goalkeeper in the early part of his career and only became an outfield player in his early twenties. Think he played in goal for Burscough in the FA Trophy final a few years back. In reflection of this, his GK rating probably should be a lot higher than it is in the game.

Archived