Legendary Manager

Thats my status currently but my one and only club doesnt have me down as a Legend or even a favoured personnel. Another thing in the long list of "WTF is happening here in FM09"

I know that this bit of the game is now considered 'flawed' but I would like to know who tested it before its release?

This isnt a obscure or hard to replicate situation but yet it isnt coded right, tested right and sent out for sale, 3 patches and no fix for it. You are selling a half finished product based on reputation alone at this moment in time and people will not take it for much longer and blaming the recession for sales drop wont be the truth.

I like Football Manager but give me a game that works, not half assed functionality thats just lumped in and not even fixed by the 3rd patch.

/rant

:thdn:

That is a bit strange how can you be a legendary manager when you are not listed as a club legend at your only club, this needs sorting for FM10.

dafuge when did you become a legend? I am one at Nantwich Town and all I had to do was get into the prem that was it only won lower league trophies and lower league title wins.

dafuge when did you become a legend? I am one at Nantwich Town and all I had to do was get into the prem that was it only won lower league trophies and lower league title wins.

I won the Premier League and Europa League, although I've done it before in another game just by winning a lower league (I think it was the BSP). There must be some unknown factors involved, I really hope it isn't random.

• 1 month later...

I think I spent about nine season's on my Reading save (local team ftw! \o/) and after winning the Champions League twice, Premier League four time's and the FA Cup and League Cup multiple time's I still wasn't listed as even a "Favoured Personal" so I decided to leave the club and move onto friendlier pastures. About two season's later when I had won the World Cup with England, I went back to look at my old team and see who was left and checked the Information screen and I was listed as a Legend. I don't really get how that happened, but ... "shrugs* yeah. I don't really know.

i managed to get Vauxhall from the Blue Square North to the Premiership in just 5 years and i'm not considered a "legend" .. yet, there's some guy named terry fearns, a former striker that scored a couple of goals and is considered a legend .. but wait, there's more .. my brand new stadium was named after him .. yeaaah ..

Yeah it is bugged not a major one but is a bit annoying.

I was Southend and after a 6 year struggle I got them into the Premier League, received legendary status at the club and kept this for another 5 years until I finished runner up in the Premier League and winner of the FA Cup. at the end of the season I checked the list as I do every year and found my name missing (during those 5 years I stayed well within expectations and never made the board or fans unhappy)

It was during that season that the 9.3.0 patch was released so maybe that moved the goalposts for eligibility.

Either way any English football fans would tell you that if Southend achieved this in real life their manager wouldn't just be a legend he would be a god.

Does anyone know why a manager gets called "legendary"?

I'm called Legendary manager now, but even if I did have some good results (2 PL, 2 FA, 1CL in 4 year), I hardly call it legendary.

Depends on the status of the club, I'd imagine. Winning the CL with Real Madrid isn't really a legendary achievement, but winning it with Nottingham Forest is.

I have won 4 Premier Leagues, 5 FACups, 3 Champions Leagues, 3 World Club champs and numerous League cups and lower division championships with Millwall, I am now in 2017. They are building a new stadium and naming it after me, but I have not even been on the favoured personnel list, never mind Legend status.

Depends on the status of the club, I'd imagine. Winning the CL with Real Madrid isn't really a legendary achievement, but winning it with Nottingham Forest is.

I've won it with ManU, so not really legendary.

After I've won the CL, i quit the job and went to Sevilla. I overestimated the players there and after 6 months I quit (they would have fired me anyway).

Now I'm fighting against relegation with Portsmouth (and doing a pretty good job) and it's just now that I'm described as "Legendary Manager". A bit weird tbh.

Tell me about it.

I've been in Perugia for 11 years, since they're in serie C-1. Now, they are the biggest team in Italy, the richest team.

During those years, i've given 4 straight scudetto, 4 copa, 2 super cup, 2 champions league, 1 european super cup.

and i've also manage brasil for a short time and italy, which give me olympic title and world cup medal.

i'm not even favourite there.

my guess is, SI only focus on English competition, hence the co-ownership bug.

Archived