Match Engine - Stats

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been talked about; or it hasn't been talked about enough anyway.

As a manager I like to look at the in game stats a lot to give me a good idea of who's playing well and what's happening. But, my problem is I don't feel as though the stats are telling me what's really happening.

For example; the crossing statistic: Of course, for wingers especially, crossing is very important, so why is it then that I can't get a fair idea of crossing in the game.

When someone crosses the ball it does not come up as a passing stat (nothing changes there), but instead it is only registered by the passing completion statistic. Which is not very insightful.

Additionally, I don't think the rest of the stats really give a good idea of what's happening, I mean I can't believe that a team can go through a match without not completing a tackle.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been talked about; or it hasn't been talked about enough anyway.

As a manager I like to look at the in game stats a lot to give me a good idea of who's playing well and what's happening. But, my problem is I don't feel as though the stats are telling me what's really happening.

For example; the crossing statistic: Of course, for wingers especially, crossing is very important, so why is it then that I can't get a fair idea of crossing in the game.

When someone crosses the ball it does not come up as a passing stat (nothing changes there), but instead it is only registered by the passing completion statistic. Which is not very insightful.

Additionally, I don't think the rest of the stats really give a good idea of what's happening, I mean I can't believe that a team can go through a match without not completing a tackle.

While I don't have any particular gripes about the match stats I agree that a greater number of in depth statistics can only be a good thing.

Anything that helps the player identify tactical weaknesses and therefore helps them understand where a tactic may be going wrong is a bonus imo.

Archived