Player Hall of Fame

I’m six years into my Wolves save, and have just been looking at the Best Eleven from my first season, and checking up on some of them with the “Where are they now?” button. It’s a nice touch.

I was wondering how much programming effort/ processing power would be required to take this a little further.

I don’t know if anyone else feels this, but I hate it when great players retire from the game and are completely erased, as if they never were; so I was thinking that perhaps the players in your “best overall eleven” squad could have their profiles preserved in at least some limited form, forever (or until they’re knocked out of the squad).

With lots of active leagues, this would add up to a lot of players, so I thought that alternatively

- Club icons/legends at clubs with sufficiently high rep could be preserved.

- OR there could be a FM Player hall of fame, similar to what exists for managers.

I thought it could work a little like the American sports’ halls of fame.

At the end of the year, any of the players retiring that year who were

- Over 30 (eliminate those players who retire due to lack of success)

- With a CA/PA over a set limit (would say just CA – but might it punish players who play until older ages?)

- With a set number of major trophy wins (e.g. 2 and/or the World Cup)

would have their profiles saved and viewable, in some limited form, for a few years, so you can look back at them nostalgically.

Then after a while the majority could be culled to make room for a new lot, with a handful entering a player hall of fame, with say a top limit of 50 defenders, 100 midfielders, 50 strikers so that it wouldn't get too big even in a very long career save.

Their profiles wouldn't have to keep all their data,

I thought something akin to the scouting report format

Joe Bloggs "Playmaker Forward"

AM/FC

Determined

Team Player

Had a nasty competitive streak

Plus a career summary

Bolton: 2009 - 2015

200 appearances - 50 goals - 75 assists - Ave R = 7.8

Captain

1 Major Domestic League, 1 Major Domestic Cup

Celtic: 2015 - .... and so on.

Perhaps a hall of fame for the icons/legends of every club over a certain rep would work with a more truncated format:

Bolton Hall of Fame

Joe Bloggs - AM/FC

2009 - 2015

200 appearances - 50 goals - Ave R = 7.8

1 Major Domestic League, 1 Major Domestic Cup

It could be used for player comparisons:

I know you get (or used to) comparisons like "could be the next Geoff Hurst" so I think there's already some facility for storing names that aren't in active use - a little data to go with it would be great and add to the immersion.

All I know is, even if it was just a list of names I would think it a nice touch, and I'd rather have that hall of fame than the hall of fame for Peruvian managers (with due respect to any Peruvians on the boards).

It would be good to know what people think of the idea, and whether it's feasible.

Nothing wrong with cosmetic enhancement...

I like the idea... Mainly because of the way you suggested in the scout report format...

maybe it could layed out in a profile template for the more visual players.

It'll be good to look at some of the players who have retired after you sold them before thier prime

Then you can see if they went on to be anything:P

I like the idea of keeping details about some players career, but the main issue is decided which players do you keep info about. I think it's a good idea to keep the career history of these players providing it wont hinder overall performance.

Archived