An Idea on Press Conferences for FM 2010

Apologies in advance if this had been mentioned before:

Could the "send the assisstant manager" option for the press conferences be implemented as such that it would completely have no effect on anything, and I mean anything; player morale, confidence, motivation, ass. man-player relations, next match's outcome etc. so that the send ass. man. option would actually serve its supposed purpose? If I do not like this feature or simply wouldn't be bothered with it, I obviously rather not get affected by avoiding it, right?

If that would be the case, it would be a win-win situation for both sides who don't want to be mingled with those press conferences and the people actually like them but would rather see them improved?

An interesting suggestion, and one I agree with. In fact, it's got me wondering how many people actually like the press conferences at all? Would we miss them if they were removed completely? Probably not. Even when I'm told my players have responded well to a comment I rarely see any real change in their performances.

Let's not forget that this was the first year press conferences were added into FM - you can't expect amazing results first time of asking. For something that has been in the game for so little time, I think it is fine the way it is now (although I would obviously expect them to develop in the common sense area in future).

Team talks, however, are another matter :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, heres my take. How about the option not to have to use some features. Maybe not even install them. for example my pc can't do 3d, so why install it? i don't like pres conferences, so why should i have them in my game. A more customizable experience would be better for everyone.

come on you guys.. or course they wouldnt and shouldnt remove the press conferences!.. Its a part of football so deal with it :) - However I agree that the AM could be brighter and the press conferences could be a bit more "exciting" without having a clue on how to make them more exciting :D

yes press conferences are part of football however it seems rather obvious that to create an experience that is even remotely similar to a real life press conference is nigh on impossible. end result being its not at all 'part of football'.

i like most people hate the press conferences. they are a waste of time.

until the current system is improved 100 fold ill be sending my Ass Man.

Herter, --b-- and others. My reasoning is more to do with my computers specs. If press conferences etc didn't slow my game down, i would put up with them. But they do, so i don't want them. Although, i think 3d is the big one we should be able to choose with.

I think to say they are part of real life and therfore should be part of the game shouldn't really be a point which should be used to keep them.

If this was the case then the game needs to be much more 'involved on a personal level'. Things such as attending and watching opposition matches when you are due to play a big game against them should be involved in this case. Dealing with future signings and trying to influence them to join your club with face to face meetings....both of these, and a lot more things which I can't be bothered to type are all part of the modern game and are important.

Personally I'm glad they are polishing this years game. I just hope they include more variations in things such as team talks during the game. We have had the same 5 or 6 options to say to our players for about 4 or 5 years now and they just are not good enough. To say to your team when drawing 1-1 at home against a poor team, 'we can win this' or just to be angry isn't good enough in my opinion and this needs much more variation for different scenarios.

Archived