Backpasses

But then again when was the last time you saw one in real llife

You see them occasionally throughout the season, can't put an exact figure on it but I'm sure it's 5+ in the Premiership alone. Good point by the OP - I've never seen one in CM/FM.

It happened in the Portsmouth v. Liverpool game last season:

From the Guardian's 'as it happened':

Crouch nearly sets up his old team-mate Kuyt with a terrible backpass. Kuyt is beaten to it by James, who palms it away from danger - but that's an indirect free kick. The ball is about six feet to the right of the penalty spot. It's shifted just to the left by Alonso. Aurelio gives it a welt towards the bottom-right corner - and it simply arrows into the net. Game on. If Benitez gets away with it here, he is a very lucky manager.
If I remember rightly, this was Tony Adams' last match in charge of Portsmouth. :D

Just couple of games ago in FM09 I saw my opp. goalie catching a ball on the line of penalty area and referee called for handling. GK received yellow card and my team got a freekick from the edge of the area. I was quite surprised, because I've never seen something like this in FM-series. There were no players around GK, so his handling didn't stop my attack or anything.

Have never seen the backpass situation though.

Just couple of games ago in FM09 I saw my opp. goalie catching a ball on the line of penalty area and referee called for handling. GK received yellow card and my team got a freekick from the edge of the area. I was quite surprised, because I've never seen something like this in FM-series. There were no players around GK, so his handling didn't stop my attack or anything.

Have never seen the backpass situation though.

Never seen that either... thats pretty cool that it is in the game

Archived