Any way of manually toning down injuries?

I'm at the end of my tether with injuries, they just drive me insane. With up to four of those awful "minor" injuries (which end up being dislocated shoulders and other such ridiculous maladies - how on earth can a player play on with a dislocated shoulder?!) every match, I was told that it might have been my training and other such nonesense. Even after toning down strength and aerobic injuries I get injuries every match.

I thought it was football, not total war. It has to be stopped! Is there any way of using the editor to tone down the frequency of injuries?

I have changed the injuries in the editor to all serious injuries, so when you get a minor injury or medium injury in a match the player will be fine after the game. You will still get the minor inuries in matches but you wont have players out for weeks after every game.

Yes. The problems just worsened after upgrading to 9.0.3.

Are you still in the same season you applied the patch in?

If so it should improve at the end of the season.

Several people reported bad injuries during the season that the update was applied.

So if the injuries are too high don't even give the people at SI even the slightest sniff that you might be happy with this part of the game or give them the impression it could be explained lol......Just my angry opinion! Seems you give SI an inch of empathy with regards understanding how hard it is to control bugs etc and they take the preverbial mile, or should that be 100 miles... :)

So if the injuries are too high don't even give the people at SI even the slightest sniff that you might be happy with this part of the game or give them the impression it could be explained lol......Just my angry opinion! Seems you give SI an inch of empathy with regards understanding how hard it is to control bugs etc and they take the preverbial mile, or should that be 100 miles... :)

Overall injuries are very similar to the level experienced in real life so I doubt they'll be altered which I and many others are very happy about.

Every team has peaks & troughs at some stage and you need to deal with that.

Overall injuries are very similar to the level experienced in real life so I doubt they'll be altered which I and many others are very happy about.

Every team has peaks & troughs at some stage and you need to deal with that.

I'm not arguing, you have your opinion I have mine, maybe your game runs differently to mine, but for a premier league team with the best training facilities in the world to have 8-9 players injured every season throughout the season is beyond ridiculous and certainly not 'realistic' in my opinion.

You're not confusing football with UFC are you lol?

By the way you state you are happy about the amount of injuries lol? Strange...I don't like any injuries.

I'm not arguing, you have your opinion I have mine, maybe your game runs differently to mine, but for a premier league team with the best training facilities in the world to have 8-9 players injured every season throughout the season is beyond ridiculous and certainly not 'realistic' in my opinion.

You're not confusing football with UFC are you lol?

So how do you explain the problems Everton & Newcastle have suffered from in RL the last couple of seasons?

In my games I get injuries, I estimate I probably have 2-4 players out injured at any given time in a first team of around 22-25 players. I also suffer from occasions bad spells which has seen anywhere up to 8-10 injured at once but this has happened only a handful of times in over 50 seasons with different clubs.

I will say that some other users do seem to be worse off than myself on a regular basis but I can only conclude that its something that they are doing that causes the amount of injuries to increase.

I have just lost 5 players in the one game in season 2 :-(

Training set to low physical as well.

Are you saying you received five red crosses in one game which forced you to make subs?

If so then I think SI would be interested in viewing the pkm of your match to try and identify any potential bugs.

No One red (5 weeks) and four greens (5 - 7 days each)

Thats harsh that all the green crosses turned into injuries but at least they were just knocks where the player quickly recovered.

I think many people play under the impression that a green cross is an injury when this is simply not the case. In real life many players both start & finish games with what FM classes as a green cross.

No One red (5 weeks) and four greens (5 - 7 days each)

injured.jpg

My mistake: One red cross and 5 green crosses.

Krupoviesa 6 - 7 weeks twisted awkwardly

Barrios 5 -8 days strong challenge

Zuculini - same

Gaitan - 5 - 7 days accidental collision

Battaglia - 9 12 days gashed leg after a late tackle

Vargas - 5 - 8 days strong challenge

My entire midfield wiped out! Guess I got kicked off the park.

So how do you explain the problems Everton & Newcastle have suffered from in RL the last couple of seasons?

In my games I get injuries, I estimate I probably have 2-4 players out injured at any given time in a first team of around 22-25 players. I also suffer from occasions bad spells which has seen anywhere up to 8-10 injured at once but this has happened only a handful of times in over 50 seasons with different clubs.

I will say that some other users do seem to be worse off than myself on a regular basis but I can only conclude that its something that they are doing that causes the amount of injuries to increase.

Whenever I have played 09 I have regularly had 8 players injured every season. Not even Newcastle or Everton are that bad IRL. They may have had 4-5 big player injuries but not 8-9, the fact is they have small squads IRL and thus cannot cope with 4-5 and have to field youngsters...he situations was so bad with me once that I had to play a GK in midfield due to in match injuries to compound the lack of subs I had available.

And before you do the predictable thing and say it must be my training let me tell you I have tried nearly every training regime possible. Including downloading training from sites and my own, the same old stuff always happens and I know I am not alone. I have installed all patches and still nothing better. The simple fact is I have never seen so many complaints about 1 game in my life, I only hope 2010 is better, not that I will buy it.

I don't think there is too many injuries. For a few versions of FM now I've read regular moans about their being too many, but I've never felt it in any of my saves. Yes I have periods of having a few players injured at a time, but that doesn't happen too often.

Whenever I have played 09 I have regularly had 8 players injured every season. Not even Newcastle or Everton are that bad IRL. They may have had 4-5 big player injuries but not 8-9, the fact is they have small squads IRL and thus cannot cope with 4-5 and have to field youngsters...he situations was so bad with me once that I had to play a GK in midfield due to in match injuries to compound the lack of subs I had available.

And before you do the predictable thing and say it must be my training let me tell you I have tried nearly every training regime possible. Including downloading training from sites and my own, the same old stuff always happens and I know I am not alone. I have installed all patches and still nothing better. The simple fact is I have never seen so many complaints about 1 game in my life, I only hope 2010 is better, not that I will buy it.

Current Premier League Injured List

I can't remember exactly but I'm fairly sure Newcastle & Everton were up in the 7-9 area for some of last season.

I definately won't be predicable because I don't believe the problem is training, at least not entirely. In fact its difficult to identify from screenshots and discussion what the problem is but I would be prepared to play a save game from someone who has this issue, if they upload it, to see if I suffer the same fate.

Sir_Liam please don't just make sweeping statements, provide stats and backup to your argument, otherwise you look foolish, at least Cougar is making his point well - even though Everton have 5 injuries as I said lol ;)

I would love to be able to play 2009 but there are so many problems with it, I cant stand it when you have to watch players miss time and time again with 1 on 1's and watch the opposition go past your defenders almost as if your defender has been caught on his mobile mid match and thinks, crap where did he come from! As I said I will not be buying 2010 cos of this, but I will read the reviews to see if the amount of complaints is massively high again.

I realise you get complaints with anything, if the game was free people would moan still saying yes its free but......I like to look past that as some people have rational arguments and those are the ones worth looking at, shame I didnt do that before buying 09 - would have saved me 35 quid. I really hope SI get the standard back to how it was in the early days when it was a pleasure to play....not a chore.

My view is that the number of injuries is about right but too many knocks turn into "true" injuries where the player cannot play. I'd be more inclined that green crosses simply reduce a player's condition drastically after the match (say 30%) meaning they cannot really play the full 90 minutes in the next match without suffering performance-wise, with the occasional chance that that pulled hamstring is actually a torn one. Or that green crosses drop a player's condition quicker because they are playing with a knock.

Players do play matches with minor injuries - Torres played most of last season with an injury because N'Gog is rubbish - but this is not possible in Football Manager

Sir_Liam please don't just make sweeping statements, provide stats and backup to your argument, otherwise you look foolish, at least Cougar is making his point well - even though Everton have 5 injuries as I said lol ;)

This is a thread about injuries on FM, and I've stated my opinion based on playing the game, and following real life football. I've got far better things to be doing than providing stats to prove the amount of injuries on FM is accurate to real life. This is a forum not a court of law.

This is a thread about injuries on FM, and I've stated my opinion based on playing the game, and following real life football. I've got far better things to be doing than providing stats to prove the amount of injuries on FM is accurate to real life. This is a forum not a court of law.

Then as I said your post might as well have stayed in your head.........

Are you saying you received five red crosses in one game which forced you to make subs?

If so then I think SI would be interested in viewing the pkm of your match to try and identify any potential bugs.

I had this happen on a number of occasions, when managing in Brazil. It's a common issue and i'm sure SI are well aware as it has been discussed to death on these forums. However, as you said earlier, within a season it seemed to fix itself and there were far fewer injuries in season two.

Then as I said your post might as well have stayed in your head.........

It's lucky not everyone thinks that peoples opinions should "stay in their head", because if they did we wouldn't have a forum.

I've expressed my opinion on the subject, as I am entitled to. You're also entitled to an opinion, but I'd have appreciated a bit more respect for my comment rather than you saying I look "foolish", just because you disagree with it.

It's lucky not everyone thinks that peoples opinions should "stay in their head", because if they did we wouldn't have a forum.

I've expressed my opinion on the subject, as I am entitled to. You're also entitled to an opinion, but I'd have appreciated a bit more respect for my comment rather than you saying I look "foolish", just because you disagree with it.

I didnt say you wasn't entitled to your opinion, I said back it up with figures or stats etc whic you didnt like obviously.

Still we could all start posting comments like what you did earlier, it would make for good debates. I can see it now.

I like the injury scenario.

I don't.

I like it though.

I don't though.

I am not sure actually.

Well I am sure I really like it.

Get my drift?

I don't think there is too many injuries. For a few versions of FM now I've read regular moans about their being too many, but I've never felt it in any of my saves. Yes I have periods of having a few players injured at a time, but that doesn't happen too often.

This is my original post, and while it's not the most lengthy post I've ever made, it's not just a case of "I don't think there's too many injuries". Even if it did just say that though, I don't know why you'd insist I provide stats to back up my argument. It was merely an opinion on the game, one I think I've made a few times during the past couple of years, but this is the first time I've had this sort of reaction to it.

As I said before, I don't appreciate being called "foolish" because I stated an opinion on the game based on my observations of around 18 seasons of FM2009, and many years of following real life football, just because I didn't provide stats to back it all up.

Looking back to the first reply in here, Suge gave a single sentence answer regarding altering of training workload. Do you want him to provide stats to back that up as well?

I honestly don't see your problem.

I'm beginning to get sick of all this talk about injuries. 8 players injured in a season is quite mild honestly.

If you look at the current injury list given to you by Cougar2010 you can see that having 8 players at a time is not an unusual situation, if Birmingham and Man U can have 9 and 7 out respectively before the season properly starts, when the players are wrapped in cotton wool I may add, then imagine what happens come March when the heat is really on and players are rushed into service when they're not fully fit or just back from injury.

P.S. a little advice, if you are getting a lot of training injuries at the same time tone down the strength and aerobic aspects of training. They are the two areas which are the biggest cause of training injuries.

P.P.S. don't give out to someone for not providing the statistics when they are already there. If you looked at previous threads, of which they are many, there is always proof shown that injuries are not excessive in this game. I even spent half an hour looking up paper articles on injury crises over the last few seasons for one myself and, guess what, I found numerous examples.

I'm beginning to get sick of all this talk about injuries. 8 players injured in a season is quite mild honestly.

If you look at the current injury list given to you by Cougar2010 you can see that having 8 players at a time is not an unusual situation, if Birmingham and Man U can have 9 and 7 out respectively before the season properly starts, when the players are wrapped in cotton wool I may add, then imagine what happens come March when the heat is really on and players are rushed into service when they're not fully fit or just back from injury.

P.S. a little advice, if you are getting a lot of training injuries at the same time tone down the strength and aerobic aspects of training. They are the two areas which are the biggest cause of training injuries.

P.P.S. don't give out to someone for not providing the statistics when they are already there. If you looked at previous threads, of which they are many, there is always proof shown that injuries are not excessive in this game. I even spent half an hour looking up paper articles on injury crises over the last few seasons for one myself and, guess what, I found numerous examples.

8 injuries a season is not uncommon. Picking up 5/6 injuries in a match is, on the other hand, very rare - which is the complaint (very different).

I agree with Sir Liam. I have never encountered an excessive amount in any game of FM & previously CM like some people have. Obviously I get injuries, some times more than normal, but no different to real life. Perhaps SI makes a different game for some of us, or perhaps you need to look more at your training regimes, players fitness levels, & knocks picked up in games more.

And like Sir Liam I don't have mountains of evidence to put forward, so you will just have to take my word.

I carried on the same save game and I've played around three seasons since installing the patch, if anything the injuries have worstened and no number of real-life injuries can justify the warzone which is FM... Everybody accepts that injuries happen but not at the shocking rate as in FM!

The number of minor injuries in game does need tweaking IMO. It's not at all unusual to have three or four players pick up minor juries during a match in FM, and many of these then lead on to the player being out for a couple of weeks. I feel the number of overall injuries is fine as is, but these minor ones do need sorting out. Whilst you do see a few slight knocks in most matches, it really isn't that common to see a few minor injuries.

If Bert Trautmann could play with a broken neck, I'm sure a player could play with a dislocated arm though.

Archived