Just an example of how awful press conferences are

I'm managing Swindon Town in League Two and I've just won in the first round of the FA Cup. But why on earth would a journalist ask me how confident I am about winning the competition? I'm managing Swindon Town! Didn't anyone at SI think that it might actually be silly for this question to occur in press conferences when you're managing teams below a certain level?

Furthermore, the two negative options are terrible. Neither of them could be construed as me saying that we're Swindon Town and therefore very unlikely to win it. One of the options was "I'm totally demoralised"! That's just stupid. No League Two manager would look at their team's prospects of winning the FA Cup and feel demoralised about it.

Press conferences - the most pathetically implemented feature of FM in recent years.

luck of the draw tbh.

It just feels like there's something fishy about cup draws. I'm always away from home and there still seem to be a surprisingly high number of localised draws.

It just feels like there's something fishy about cup draws. I'm always away from home and there still seem to be a surprisingly high number of localised draws.
I think that's a known issue, there are so many local derbies in the Cup

I'd say its got to be down to the fact that Swindon's ground is awful, surely?

I'd say its got to be down to the fact that Swindon's ground is awful, surely?

Well, I wouldn't know. I've never had the privilege of attending a Swindon home game. But it'll always be the dream.

Which patch are you using? This sounds like a bug from one of the early versions.

The press conferences should be removed from the game as it makes it repetive due the limited questions in the coding of the game and being asked the same daft questions can only beat you down in the end.

I also hate the "can you win it?" question. If you're the last League 1 team left, for example, and you know you're going to be up against top, top sides, there's no way you'll win it.

Well, I wouldn't know. I've never had the privilege of attending a Swindon home game. But it'll always be the dream.

You have a death wish?

I'm on the latest patch.

Probably just a coincidence then as 9.3 fixed the issue, even for save games started on the old patches.

I completely agree with you on the FA Cup question, it is such a stupid thing to be asked. Saying that though, I don't actually mind the press conferences. It is just a new feature that needs a bit more development, which I'm sure will happen in time.

Archived