Every time I update my champ man (before the split)/football manager collection i find that games become more and more time consuming to complete a season which is obvious as more features are added. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to speed up my seasons one of my main problems seems to be getting distracted looking at players all season long searching for hidden talent which fits in with the fact i sign around 30 players each year (mostly youngsters) which i know is rediculous but tempting.

Also how long does it take you to complete a season generally? On fm06 it took an average of around 24 hours now on 09 its more like 36-40 i think. :(

I'm very precise when playing. I have a set tactic, never tweak, decide what positions I need, scout those positions and sign only players I need, so i'm not spending hours looking about. I download training schedules and then get stuck in and holiday to game one of the season. Usually takes me about 30 mins to get from New Game to season start and then it's just a matter of picking a team for each match, interaction etc.

Unfortunately due to age, and the responibilities that come with it, I only get to play for about 1 hour per night, so it takes me at least a week to complete a season.

Archived