What are the odds? (Corners)

I've played this FM quite a bit. I had never seen someone score direct from a corner....until today's match...where it happened twice. I dominated the game, they scored 2 direct corners, the score was 2-2.

I don't know whether to laugh :D or cry :(

Corners are too easy I think...

I buy DCs especially to score from corners. My current DC is my club's all-time leading league goalscorer. His best league season is 15 goals in 38 appearances

Corners are too easy I think...

I buy DCs especially to score from corners. My current DC is my club's all-time leading league goalscorer. His best league season is 15 goals in 38 appearances

Setting him to challenge the GK by any chance? ;)

Exploiting bugs is pretty sad. How can anyone get any enjoyment out of playing like that?

It brings success, which can be enjoyable.

I'd imagine a lot of people's tactics make the most out of deficiencies in the ME, the corner exploit is just a very extreme example of that.

I've played this FM quite a bit. I had never seen someone score direct from a corner....until today's match...where it happened twice. I dominated the game, they scored 2 direct corners, the score was 2-2.

I don't know whether to laugh :D or cry :(

I've seen it twice in a few months now, so it's rare indeed. Twice in a match is amazing, I suggest laughing rather than crying :D

Amusing how almost all replies to your post evidently didn't read it and went on about the corner "bug" thing, when you obviously meant the corner kicker himself scoring :)

I've seen it twice in a few months now, so it's rare indeed. Twice in a match is amazing, I suggest laughing rather than crying :D

Amusing how almost all replies to your post evidently didn't read it and went on about the corner "bug" thing, when you obviously meant the corner kicker himself scoring :)

That was probably my fault :(

Back on topic though, I saw a goal scored directly from a corner recently, possibly the first I've seen. Came in a World Cup quarter final as well so it was pretty special.

It brings success, which can be enjoyable.

I'd imagine a lot of people's tactics make the most out of deficiencies in the ME, the corner exploit is just a very extreme example of that.

It may bring success but knowingly exploiting bugs completely devalues the enjoyment of the game; for me anyway. When you see CB's with 15+ goals you kind of know what's going on.

It may bring success but knowingly exploiting bugs completely devalues the enjoyment of the game; for me anyway. When you see CB's with 15+ goals you kind of know what's going on.

I know what you mean though, I'd hate to see my top goalscorer as a defender, that would completely turn me off.

What one person enjoys, another hates. I love signing nobodies, but still playing with delusions of grandeur and thinking that I have a chance of winning the CL :D I dare say a lot of people wouldn't find that enjoyable in the slightest.

The trouble with the 'corner bug' is that it is a perfectly logical tactic, you get your best header of the ball and put him in a good position to get a shot on goal.

It would be interesting to see how many people who don't use these forums are using that tactic as it is a pretty easy one to find. Some of the LLM lot don't read other forums or discuss tactics, I wonder if any of them are using it?

What one person enjoys, another hates. I love signing nobodies, but still playing with delusions of grandeur and thinking that I have a chance of winning the CL :D I dare say a lot of people wouldn't find that enjoyable in the slightest.

LOL I do the same, and then wonder why I can barely scrape a Champions League place with no chance of winning it at all.

With regards to the corner bug comments above - a CB scoring that many goals per season is totally unrealistic, simple as. Don't complain about corners being 'too easy' if all you're going to do is abuse the bug.

The trouble with the 'corner bug' is that it is a perfectly logical tactic, you get your best header of the ball and put him in a good position to get a shot on goal.

It would be interesting to see how many people who don't use these forums are using that tactic as it is a pretty easy one to find. Some of the LLM lot don't read other forums or discuss tactics, I wonder if any of them are using it?

On 08, I first read the forums and wondered what everyone was going on about. And then while designing a new corner routine, I thought why don't I do what they do in real life, and get my highest jumping player to challenge the keeper. Obviously when I found it was a bug I stopped it. Just funny seeing people post their brilliant tactics, and in the first post screenshot their CB has scored 25 goals!

And continuing the trend of weird things happening in my FM today, I've just had my center back be sent off...so the tactics screen appears so I can sub someone....and I'm allowed to sub the guy who was just sent off

(also got a screen of it)

Let's see what happens when I click to confirm the substitution now :p

EDIT: nothing, really. I played with 10 men the rest of the game and the guy I subbed in appears as an unused sub

I have never got the corner bug to work properly, I have it set to challenge GK, with good corner takers and aim for 6 yrd box but the most they ever score is 4 or 5 a season. Sounds fair enough to me, the moment my CB does start scoring 15+ then I will change it as I dont think its enjoyable.

When I use it I use my strikers if they are good in the air, it is a glitch in the game but I dont care.

Along a similar line I read some had their two best headers of the ball attack the near post, set their corner taker to aim for the far post and place someone to attack the back post that doesnt have brilliant heading, this resulted in the two DCs dragging their markers to the near post leaving someone with not too good heading free at the back post to score.

Pleased to say I've managed this in real life :D [/boast]

I don't like it when my players score directly from a corner (has only happened twice), because I know how angry I get whenever I concede a goal and read "But he never meant it!"

When I use it I use my strikers if they are good in the air, it is a glitch in the game but I dont care.

Along a similar line I read some had their two best headers of the ball attack the near post, set their corner taker to aim for the far post and place someone to attack the back post that doesnt have brilliant heading, this resulted in the two DCs dragging their markers to the near post leaving someone with not too good heading free at the back post to score.

Does this tactic actually work ?

The problem with the corner exploit is that unless you use it, you never score on a corner ... unless you play a team from a lower division.

The problem with the corner exploit is that unless you use it, you never score on a corner ... unless you play a team from a lower division.

I agree with this, I'm not a fan of the corner cheat / exploit, but I use it because it's the only way I know to score from a corner.

If there was a happy medium between the exploit and no goals I'd rather go for that....

Archived