Unlocking the downloaded version

I bought this game Jan 01, this year and have been playing it ever since. Very fun and challenging game it is! Today I tried to play and for some reason the game did not think it was unlocked.

I click the unlock button, enter the order ID then click the Activate button. This results in an error:

Activation failed!

2. Waiting for purchase confirmation...

!Can't connect to the database servericon_frown.gif0)

You follow some help buttons and an email is generated, but it isn't addressed to anyone!HAHAHAHAH The email looks like this:

Subject:[Req. SN] Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008

Req. SN] Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008

OrderId: (OrderID)

Site: Sega (408)

Game: Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 (0)

CPA: 1E992C812C9BC0B77FA9126587FB24CBE896D4E1BDFC0E37378BBC6A192D8D37E896D4E1BDFC0E37CDB6C31028AA1089

I have my receipt email, which is from noreply@boonty.com.

I suppose I could just try to reinstall, but am hesitant that I would lose my data up to this point.

I bought this game Jan 01, this year and have been playing it ever since. Very fun and challenging game it is! Today I tried to play and for some reason the game did not think it was unlocked.

I click the unlock button, enter the order ID then click the Activate button. This results in an error:

Activation failed!

2. Waiting for purchase confirmation...

!Can't connect to the database servericon_frown.gif0)

You follow some help buttons and an email is generated, but it isn't addressed to anyone!HAHAHAHAH The email looks like this:

Subject:[Req. SN] Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008

Req. SN] Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008

OrderId: (OrderID)

Site: Sega (408)

Game: Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 (0)

CPA: 1E992C812C9BC0B77FA9126587FB24CBE896D4E1BDFC0E37378BBC6A192D8D37E896D4E1BDFC0E37CDB6C31028AA1089

I have my receipt email, which is from noreply@boonty.com.

I suppose I could just try to reinstall, but am hesitant that I would lose my data up to this point.

I submitted a message on Boonty's corporate website regarding this matter. They (Danny) replied within 24 hours and seem to have provided an avenue to contact the appropriate group. Sounds promising.

From Boonty email:

In order to get in touch with our technical team, please fill and send the online form you’ll find on the following webpage :

http://www.boonty.com/sega/contact_form.php?intIdSite=408

==========================================================

In Server We Trust

I have submitted the info on the web form noted above. "Sega<noreply@Boonty.com>" sent this automated reply:

This is an automated response. Your request for technical support on the Sega site has been recorded.

You request will be dealt with in the next 2 to 3 days at the most. If you have not had an answer after 4 days, we probably experienced a technical problem, in which case we ask you to kindly re-state your question.

Cordially,

--------------

The Sega Team

Archived