Club Reputation

I have been playing my current save as coventry city now for near 12 years, and i've managed to win everything with them, however its only just occured to me and i couldn't find anything like this in he search that once you get to a certain stage that noone tries to unsettle your players, and transfers seem to be a lot to do with money, and the games club reputation. Surely not every club can become a giant in world football reguardless of what they do, i.e. even if coventry city won the champions league they still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. My theory is, shouldn't each club have like the players have instead a current reputation and a potential reputataion, so that your own players will still be targeted by naturally bigger clubs.

For example IRL Real Madrid managed to unsettle ronaldo, who was at Man Utd. Now my take on the game AI is that this could not happen because Man Utd Reputation would be similar/better than Real's.

I found this hard to explain so i appologise if it does not make sense but i just feel that i have no challenge in managing my own squad, because i have no pressure on my squad or unless i get outbid in a transfer.

Yes but if a team won champions league would there rep go up irl anyway.

A tean can get worst or improve gy what it does in terms of success. But players may want to join a team they always wanted regardless of rep and some will go for money.

If rep was set smaller teams would never be competitive at higher levels.

Whats stopping lower rep teams being better or equal with Man U in years to come. teams with no history can still be top eg Chelsea while teams with history are left lower.

I get what you mean as there is no competition but there should be. They should be trying to sign your players but your players may not want to go. and signing better ones unless you go in for them.

But the rep is stopping them competing with you.

yeah i agree with the smaller team thing and that the rep would go up, but when Porto won the champions league they lost a lot of their key players, now I know a lot of that was due to Mourinho leaving however if players were say offered Arsenal or Porto after their success lot of players would still choose Arsenal.

If rep was set smaller teams would never be competitive at higher levels.

This is where my potential Rep idea comes in, couldn't you factor in stadium size, fanbase and city appeal, i say this because the 32000 Ricoh Arena in Coventry surely isn't a bigger appeal than the Bernabau in sunny Madrid lol

I have been playing my current save as coventry city now for near 12 years, and i've managed to win everything with them, however its only just occured to me and i couldn't find anything like this in he search that once you get to a certain stage that noone tries to unsettle your players, and transfers seem to be a lot to do with money, and the games club reputation. Surely not every club can become a giant in world football reguardless of what they do, i.e. even if coventry city won the champions league they still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. My theory is, shouldn't each club have like the players have instead a current reputation and a potential reputataion, so that your own players will still be targeted by naturally bigger clubs.

For example IRL Real Madrid managed to unsettle ronaldo, who was at Man Utd. Now my take on the game AI is that this could not happen because Man Utd Reputation would be similar/better than Real's.

I found this hard to explain so i appologise if it does not make sense but i just feel that i have no challenge in managing my own squad, because i have no pressure on my squad or unless i get outbid in a transfer.

When Nottingham Forest won back to back European cups Chelsea were relegated from the top tier of English football.

Who the "biggest clubs" are ebbs and flows through history, capping rep would stop this.

i agree with what your saying fullerine maybe capping rep isn't the answer, but then surely as i said in the next post i wrote couldn't stadium size, city appeal etc become more important when a player decides where he wants to go, and therefore depending on these factors the AI of a team can still make reasoned decisions to attempt to unsettle your players reguardless of club rep, and likewise once the bid is public then the AI can use the Loyalty and Ambition stats to decide whether the player would want to leave.

Archived