How do you play?

I manage...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. I manage...

• Big teams - I like to spend BIG!
    • Lower league teams - I like doing all that drivel you typed out in the first post
    • International teams
    • Foreign teams - I like managing teams i've never heard of

Out of curiosity like. For me, nothing beats inheriting a relatively weak squad and taking them up the leagues. Usually results in a dodgy first season but once you've stabilised and rebuilt the magic soon starts.

I take team that is one of the best in country, but still lacks success in Europe. I always enjoy it. For example:

Russia: CSKA, challenged by all Moscow clubs + Zenit

Denmark: Kobenhavn, challenged by OB, AaB, Brondby

Hungary: Debrecen, challenged by MTK and Ujpest

Usually at least two of those options for me... Always have a bash at managing Liverpool, with varying degrees of success. Also have a go at Dafuge's challenge, and have been tryin the Asian adventure challenge too! Thats the only time I'll do international management though, i find it much too boring...

I tend to first get a game as Man U, the team I support, and then one as Cambridge U, my current hometow club, so both the first two options really. The cambridge one probably brings more satisfaction, just because I know sooner or later I get it right with Man u and win everything, whereas CUFC is much more of a challenge to take up into the premiership.

I manage Liverpool 9 times out of 10 because I just lurve them. Ironically though, my Liverpool games are the ones I enjoy the LEAST and are over really quickly. I don't know why I bother with them :(

I dont what I'd catergorise myself as really, I've only has 4/5 serious games on FM09, but the best for me is always with Lyon.

It is always my first "serious" save on a new FM game, (after testing things with other clubs with great squads and funds available), and the aim is to keep dominating the French league and to win in Europe. It's quite fun as you often have to rebuild as your best players get picked off, (eventually), by the bigger European clubs, (Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc).

I have had other games, but not many;

Barcelona - just to dominate Spain/the World, quite easy but alot of fun in a saddistic kind of way

Lazio - tried to take them back to the glorious days of the 90's, and did do to an extent

Corinthians - my most recent game and loads of fun taking them back to from the second division and trying to rule South America

And right now I have just started with Arsenal, which could be quite fun now as they dont have Adebayor and Toure. Plus if you commit to not spending big, (as I have), it will hopefully make it even more interesting.

I usually play as Man Utd as I support them and can never really settle anywhere else for long for some reason.

The same reason I only manage Liverpool - your heart just isn't in it with anyone else.

I play generally as lower league teams, I used to play as just one team all the way to the top. Now I will change clubs if I feel the time is right (I like to leave a stable club behind). I also play abroad quite often but usually in the big football countries (France, Germany, Italy etc).

How do you explain the likes of me then who rarely, if ever, manage the team I support?

Because we're all different. I said I struggle to play as anyone else, and it's apparent medo24 is the same as me, but that doesn't mean we're all like that. I know plenty of gamers who regularly manage their fierce rivals :D

I manage Liverpool 9 times out of 10 because I just lurve them. Ironically though, my Liverpool games are the ones I enjoy the LEAST and are over really quickly. I don't know why I bother with them :(

its very easy to get frustrated/annoyed with "your" team because you have very strong ideas about who you should be beating and by how many goals. thats why its often a lot harder to manage the team you support than any other :p

I play as Rangers, not much money but always strong in the league. Europe is where its at as I try and make them into a powerhouse. Gets boring after I do this though.

Then play a lower league England side, would play in Spain but dont like the 25 player register and 2nd team/reserve stuff.

I tend to first get a game as Man U, the team I support, and then one as Cambridge U, my current hometow club, so both the first two options really. The cambridge one probably brings more satisfaction, just because I know sooner or later I get it right with Man u and win everything, whereas CUFC is much more of a challenge to take up into the premiership.

It is nowadays! I started to watch them when they were league 1 in the kitson, perez,tudor,youngs,riza era! hopefully ling will get us on track though!:thup:

More often than not, I play my team, Leeds United. However I play in different ways. Sometimes I do things by the book, sometimes I give myself some money to spend.

I also enjoy playing Roma (or used to, not so much in 09). The last team I played that wasn't Leeds or Roma was Bury (I have a friend who supports Bury so thought why not).

I take team that is one of the best in country, but still lacks success in Europe. I always enjoy it. For example:

Russia: CSKA, challenged by all Moscow clubs + Zenit

Denmark: Kobenhavn, challenged by OB, AaB, Brondby

Hungary: Debrecen, challenged by MTK and Ujpest

I chose none of the options of the poll, as I manage the club I support (Ajax). But I also enjoy it the same way uusinjsh does. :)

Normally, it would be the first option 'big club' given that my first game on any version of FM is always with the club I support, Arsenal.

After that, it's usually a small team in England (I like the English league setup and the standard as well). I've had two really entertaining games as Reading in the past.

But my curernt game is an experiment in the Dutch league, with AZ.

Well I start unemployed. Get a job with whatever team I can. I work my way up with that team and won everything. After I win everything I leave, I often have a job as an international manager. I then take clubs in Feb, March or April and try and make them survive relegation, I always make sure they are still in a cup of some sort so I can win it which invariably fails because they are like league 2...

It is nowadays! I started to watch them when they were league 1 in the kitson, perez,tudor,youngs,riza era! hopefully ling will get us on track though!:thup:

Ermm, Ling left a couple of days ago due to differences with the chairman. Unless of course he has come back.

There should be another option for the mid-table mediocre teams really, as they aren't big, but they're not lower league either. But I've only done on game of that type with Fulham, who are now the biggest team in Europe :D

But all my other games have been with the big teams.

I usually start off with Liverpool (the team I support) or Plymouth Argyle (my hometown team). After those games I'll mix it up and try all different kinds of games until I find one that interests me. I picked the Big Team option though as I do like to have a relatively big transfer budget. However saying that, a couple of my most enjoyable teams have been in the lower leagues and building up.

Archived