Mock Up for Potential in Screen Real Estate

*These are mock ups done by myself to show what I think the game should be like - it's not a reflection of any future release of Football Manager*

Ok I know not everyone has HD res, or high resolution computer screens, or even 17 inch monitors. But this is something I think could work to some degree. I don't think you'd be able to play the game on single core computers, and I don't think older computers would play the game very well. So I'm going on the idea that a lot of people have really good computers to play the game on, and most new computers come with HD display of 1900 x 1200 anyway. So if not for the next release perhaps 2 - 3 years down the line where everyone has a relatively new computer where there's hi-res screens.

PHEW!!!!!111eleven!!!!!

First of all thanks to everyone who welcomed me to the forums and commented/read/been supportive of my 100th birthday

I come here to offer a mock up of what I think could be shown on the screen to save time and effort. I didn't have a lot of time or my mouse handy, so I used the track pad which is really awkward. But I did an ok job.

Here's my first attempt at the mock up. I could probably do more but I don't have time to set up all the graphics, I will at the weekend though, so expect more :)

Anyways - here we go

When you are shown the result of a game, it could be an idea to have the flags, the result, the goals/red cards/yellow cards etc shown.

You could also have the player ratings, with a scroll bar at the side.

Hmmm perhaps I should include a way to remove these items from your News page? But I'm sure that can be done.

Anyway

Not so noticeable, but where the Juve badge is (middle right) it tells me my current team position, where I'm currently 2nd. What I've done is added some buttons to the top of the bar, left and right arrows, where I could cycle through the teams, I press left and I get the team in first places stats. Press right and I get 3rd, then 4th and so on.

Along with that I've stacked some buttons on the right.

Player Stats - where you are given a drop down list for the team displayed in the box above, theTop Goal Scorers, Most Assists, Clean Sheets, Team Goals and all other Player related stats, Like MoM's etc.

League Stats - Again, you can view the League Stats with a drop down menu for various League Stat options to view.

Match Confidence is still there, as is View Highlights.

Again, you could put more buttons here to do other things, it's just a mock up.

Well that's all I was able to do in a 10 minute spell. I'll put more effort into future mock ups and also I'll try to include as many things as I can.

Hope it gets the gist across anyway

mockupj.gif

There's a large version of the Mock Up here:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9600/mockupt.gif

Sorry I should have included that it's a mixed set of ideas for screen use. I know it looks a bit cluttered and stuff and sorry I didn't quote each person indiviudally, I'll try to be brief.

And sorry for rambling on at the start. I'm easily excited.

Basically yeh I just pasted in to the other screen. I don't really have the means to write a new interface for the game.

That's why it's called a mock up, really.

And in fairness I spent 10 minutes. I'm sure it could be cleaner though. :)

Let's not get hung up on the aesthetics and look more towards efficiency. There are other areas I want to look at and I'll get to them as my game progresses.

The ideas for the news screen and for Match Reports so far are:

You could have more buttons to go to player stats, team stats, etc.

You could have arrow buttons on the team to select the next team etc., so you don't have to visit the league table all the time, you could cycle through the teams and see who is ahead or behind you.

Or

you could have more of a report of the game after the head line.

There's definitely room for improvement (in what I did quickly there)

I think I got carried away and put too much in there in one go though, so sorry for that.

I'll see if I can get some more ideas when the game progresses I'll try mock up some screen shot ideas that I have that could increase efficiency when playing the game, my opinion only of course.

Player stats under game message is a very good idea imho..!

Currently you don't even get told who got man of the match or anything like that (well you get a separate news for that, but why get it separately, you get the news report for the game, why not include MOM in there?). I'd like to see a list of my players and how they performed on match day without having to go another 2 clicks of the mouse to the game report.

To get to player ratings from the News screen you have to click the Result directly in the center of the screen. To get to Player Ratings you have to go all the way over to the right/left of the screen to a tiny list of text and find Player Ratings.

That's what I'm getting at with efficiency.

Why not just list the players performance under the match report. News paper columns do this all the time. A tiny strip with a rating and a report on their performance.

You get a small report on Internation games, "Mr. A had a great game for Country B getting on the score sheet twice" but you never get to see their match Rating, who got man of match, without clicking into the Result of the game and then going to Player Ratings.

That's not efficient, in my opinion.

They're just ideas - not actually the way I'd like to see them displayed in the game.

Well these are just screen grabs. But ok point taken.

I've looked at it without the logos and it looks good.

But the idea is to put the players performance right on the news screen. Instead of having to click twice to get there.

Archived