Two-goal Syndrome

I've finally developed a tactic that has seen me achieve some success and start winning matches. Furthermore, I've got my strikers scoring, which, for some ludicrous reason, has been made into the hardest single thing to do on FM. However, I have a new problem. I can't seem to ever score more than two goals in a match. All I ever get when I win is a narrow victory. Even when we batter teams, it never translates into anything more than a narrow win. It's now... eighteen in-game months since a team I was managing scored more than two goals in a match! What do I have to do?

EDIT: This probably should have been in the Tactics forum. If a mod feels this needs moving, please do so. Sorry.

Oh, I am fine with winning matches. I guess it's just a realism thing. It's extremely rare that a team does as well as mine is doing and yet never ever score more than two goals in a match.

Don't complain as long as you are winning :) It also depends on the league you're playing - After a couple of seasons in the Prem and other top leagues even the bottom teams have solid squads that are anything but cannon fodders.

You couldn't script it, could you? After reaching the point where I feel I have to give up and ask on here why my team won't score more than two goals in a match, we go and score three in the very next match I play. Typical.

How many are you playing up front? I find that with one up front and supporting wingers that my teams struggle for goals, but do well defensively. If I play with two up front I give up some defensive play and concede more, but I score more. It's difficult to say which prefer. Not much help, sorry.

I've been playing a standard 4-4-2, but with my own tactical inputs. My defensive is rock solid (five goals against in twelve games). Just don't seem that potent going forward, although we do create chances.

Archived