How do you get your players to shoot properly?

57 shots without a goal. Players constantly missing shots. Players hitting shots from long range despite being specifically told to rarely hit long range shots. Hundreds of those God awful ones where a player spoons it high and wide on his wrong foot to the side where he's shot from. Worse still, opposition teams are the opposite - one chance, one goal. Nowt I can do.

My strikers both have finishing and composure about 15. (17/17 and 17/15). I play a regular 442 with both wingers arrowed forward.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've found that if a midfielder doesn't have a pass on, if there's no scope for a decent pass, if there's no room for any type of maneuver then a midfielder will have no other real option but to shoot.

My attacking midfielders as well as my striker have high creative freedom, which allows them to move into positions which they wouldn't if their creative freedom was normal, thus creating space for the player with the ball to thrust forward and pick out a pass to a creative player. Tweak the creative freedom of your more attacking players and you should see results.

Good luck. :)

Archived