Of all the times to request a transfer...

He's after the big money move! lol

Happened to me before, my leading scorer had been subject of interest from a couple of smaller prem teams. The weird thing is when they go on to join a club that has just been relegated!

Its like the player doesn't reconise that the season after you will be playing at a higher level, but thy are happy to accept a move to a club that is coming down. I personally think its something that needs looking at...

Not the most common date but the stars of promotion winning sides may not want to play for a relegation battler next year and think they can make it at even better teams.

Still, I agree, handing in the transfer request while still being drunk from the team party before is a bit over the top...

For example, I was Southampton in League One, I had just clinched promotion to the Championship. I went to sign a player off the team in 11th place (Notts County I think!). He rejected me to join Wycombe who had just been relegated from the Championship.

So in theory he has joined another League One team, instead of joing a Championship club...

I know that sometimes these transfers might happen, but not very often.

Its like the player doesn't reconise that the season after you will be playing at a higher level, but thy are happy to accept a move to a club that is coming down. I personally think its something that needs looking at...

Really does need to be looked at, its not very intelligent thinking from the player, but all they look at is the reputation of the club at the time they negotiate their deal.

He's after the big money move! lol

Happened to me before, my leading scorer had been subject of interest from a couple of smaller prem teams. The weird thing is when they go on to join a club that has just been relegated!

That needs to be fixed, its all because the game doesnt recognised promoted or relegated teams until the season updates itself.

In reality, a team promoted to the prem would be able to sign players aiming at the prem as soon as promotion is secured, in the game it only happens weeks after the season has finished.

Both these problems would be sorted if the game recognised promoted/relegated teams as soon as it mathematically happened.

That needs to be fixed, its all because the game doesnt recognised promoted or relegated teams until the season updates itself.

In reality, a team promoted to the prem would be able to sign players aiming at the prem as soon as promotion is secured, in the game it only happens weeks after the season has finished.

Both these problems would be sorted if the game recognised promoted/relegated teams as soon as it mathematically happened.

This guy is spot on!

It's been like this for ever so SI has no excuse because we've been telling them for years. I guess it's just not a priority.

It is the same when a player hands in a transfer request the day after the window closes...just doesnt make sense

I think that does make sense to be honest.

The player was obviously hoping to move on during the window but as this didn't happen he puts in the request so that he has a greater chance of leaving in the next window.

Archived