Football Chairman game ??

This is probably the wrong place to post this but....

I didn't really know who to contact about this but this is a suggestion that I have seen made by many people on forums and such across the internet.

Is there and chance of a "Football Chairman" game being made at some point in the future in similar style to "Football Manager" games.

But instead of signing players, taking training, picking the team etc. you appoint managers, sack managers, control the clubs finances, arange sponsership deals with leading companies and other clubs, sort out trainsfer budgets, wage budgets , stadium and training ground expansions etc.

I thnk that a game like this would sell from what I have heard on the internet.

If there is already one out, anyone know what it is called and how old it is/where i can get it from ??

This is probably the wrong place to post this but....

I didn't really know who to contact about this but this is a suggestion that I have seen made by many people on forums and such across the internet.

Is there and chance of a "Football Chairman" game being made at some point in the future in similar style to "Football Manager" games.

But instead of signing players, taking training, picking the team etc. you appoint managers, sack managers, control the clubs finances, arange sponsership deals with leading companies and other clubs, sort out trainsfer budgets, wage budgets , stadium and training ground expansions etc.

I thnk that a game like this would sell from what I have heard on the internet.

If there is already one out, anyone know what it is called and how old it is/where i can get it from ??

or how bout they create one, but leave it as a patch in which people can download and add to the game when they want to become a chairman. this will work for both ways for the people who want it and dont want it

Except it doesn't work for them...

A lot of extra work that you suggest to be delivered for free and won't help sell any future versions because want football manager not football manager plus when a patch comes out you can sit around a want the world be simulated in front of you and fire your manager everything and laugh tehehe.

Sounds boring for it to be a sepertate game. However, I think it would be good if SI made a kind of football package game. So you would have a management side (the current one), and then with expansion packs (I'm thinking Sims style here), we can buy extra things such as a chairman expansion pack, or a personal life pack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Quacky:

I'd rather they made a game about football...

If you want to play sims, go play it, if you want a football management game you play football manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, i said "like the sims" .. it was a Simile (excuse the pun icon_wink.gif ) .... i didn't say i wanted to play the sims..

Jeez, some people on these forums.... icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

How boring would that be

what wud u do daily but just press continue </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, because im sure current chair people just sit there all day in there office drinking tea and eating biscuits....

I guess it would actually have to be a fix of a Chairman and a CEO and even a Director of football. Chairmen really dont do anything TBH. They just make the big money decisions. CEO handle the day to day business of the club, while directors of football are involved in the football operations.

good idea but really needs to be dig down. I don't see it as a standalone game, but implemented in the actual game ... but since there is still so much improvements to be brought to the actual manager game, I do not see this coming anytime soon ...

Don’t chairmen have more of a role in signing players and in real life managers aren’t so hands on. I always though football manager had quite a few features of chairmen any way. Perhaps they could have Football Director of Football where your job is to scout out new players for the club. Then you can sign a load of players the manager doesn’t need for too much money, sound out a replacement and then praise your team’s archrivals manager.

Some managers do negotiate with other clubs others have chairmen who are running the club and the manager is only a yes man (Chelsea) but can you imagine some managers excepting the chairman buying players that they dont want for example can you imagine the likes of Sir Alex allowing the chairman to choose his team or Roy Keane allowing it.

maybe a better feature would be if you werent only allowed to be a manager

for instance you could be hired as a assisstant manager then maybe when the manager gets sacked you have the oppurtunity to be promoted to manager.

imagine if your friend was the manager and your friends were the assisstant manager and scouts

I just wanted to bring this up again, sorry. I know this game idea as been discussed many times throught the past months and years but I sincerely believe that there will be an audience for this kind of game in the future for any football lover. Money is in the game since a few years now, and this is not going to change ... and because the loaded guys will try to control more and more every aspect of the game. We know this is already the case for most of continental football big teams where Owners -Chairmans - Directors or whatever you can call them , are not only bringing the cash but are part of any decision. We can see that it is coming to English football as well with more and more take-overs (some guys will not just come and give their money without a saying ) In conclusion, there would be a lot of things to do in a chairman game , for what I can think of , certainly more to do than the actual FM2008. There are certainly material and room for such a game, even as a standalone game.

I don't know. I think it isn't exciting.

But maybe when playing in a multiplayer massive online manager that some other roles could be delegated to humans?

Last summer, I was fantasying with some friends about building one and one of the ideas was to make it possible that humans could act as scouts.

Of course their role should not be the same as in FM, it should be extended to make it fun to be a human scout.

Assistant managers would be also a task for real humans. They could manage the B-team and a Youth human manager would be responsible for the youngsters.

In just a few games, humans combine their efforts to achieve results.

In our fantasised football manager, teams of 6 to 10 humans would be no exception.

I still think this would be fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

In Spain and Italy the club presidents or chairmen buy and sell players. Obviously the manager does have some input also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works like that in whole Europe, except England I guess.

Sometimes I read in the press that trainer X (our managers aren't called managers but trainer or coach) will get a position as manager according the English model, which means that he will get purchase- and sell powers.

In my opinion it is strange like it is working in England…

Most professional football players went to school for a short time and do not have the financial and accounting background. They know nothing about risk management or whatever.

But still they do million Euro deals…

Maybe it’s no wonder why many clubs are in huge red amounts.

I can't see the point in it really, it seems a good idea, but there are lots of good ideas. I can see the interest in changing FM so you can control your managers love life, social life etc. But eventually it would be like team talks and friendlys, things you cant be arsed to do, and leave to your assistant. And im quite sure you woudnt want your assistant having sex with your wife icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

In Spain and Italy the club presidents or chairmen buy and sell players. Obviously the manager does have some input also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In every challenge I've had with my mate i feel like i've been his scout as he always signs the quality youngsters I've discovered, puts them in his team and gloats about all the success he's had icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

imagine if your friend was the manager and your friends were the assisstant manager and scouts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry meant this quote! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moiser0:

i think it would be good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moiser0:

i think it would be good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it wouldn't. It would be the most boring game ever.

The 'Football Chairman' game idea has never been a good one, and never will be. I mean seriously, how long do you think it would be before you'd exhausted all of the things you can actually do as a chairman? Then what?

Perhaps if a company wanted to make it in a 'Theme Park' style; i.e 'Football Club Tycoon' then there may be some market for it. But there is no reason for it to be in any way associated with FM. It's completely different and quite frankly rubbish.

I'm actually having a go at making one at the moment. It's just me programming it on my own so far, so it's nowhere near the scale and detail of football manager, but it's resonably fun to play. It's more in the style of the tycoon games (rollercoaster tycoon/zoo tycoon/hotel tycoon sort of thing) so there's a bit more emphasis on 'fun stuff' rather than hardcore realism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Perhaps if a company wanted to make it in a 'Theme Park' style; i.e 'Football Club Tycoon' then there may be some market for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be the only way I could ever see it working. It would require a completely different pace to FM as there is much less to do. You would be expecting to get through a season in less than an hour - maybe even less than half an hour.

I like the idea in theory, but I suspect that the practice would not be particularly immersive.

well, when people say it will be a boring game with not much to do , I believe it certainly depends on if you go for an english club or a continental club ... In most of english clubs, managers have nearly every powers while you don't see/hear chairmen. Unlike continental clubs where chaimen have all power and are more involved in the daily club decisions , which make them very busy on a daily basis ( if they cannot commit themselves to such level , they will delegate their responsabilities to a director ). I am not going to make a list of all what you could implement in such a game, but for what I can think of, there would be at least as much to do as the actual game FM 2008. Unfortunately, it will not be applicable to most of the english clubs ... The actual FM concept applied more to how english clubs are structured with a Manager at the head , while in continental clubs, chairmen are omnipresent, and managers/coaches/directors are often obedient employees. So if a continental game company wants to do a "chairman kind of" game, there may be a business to do on this side of the chanel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

No it wouldn't. It would be the most boring game ever.

Perhaps if a company wanted to make it in a 'Theme Park' style; i.e 'Football Club Tycoon' then there may be some market for it. But there is no reason for it to be in any way associated with FM. It's completely different and quite frankly rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutly, there is no way FM will move towards a sims style game - it's an absurd idea! FFS this is a FOOTBALL game!!!

Archived