Is it me or is the game ridiculously hard!?

Im playing as man city on 9.3 with transfer updates up to date

My main team:

GK - Akinfeev

DL - Srna

DR- Richards

DC - Fazio

DC - Onohua

ML - Robinho

MR - Riquelme

MC - Gattuso

MC - Vieira

ST - Adebayor

ST - Vagner Love/Tevez

On paper, world class team, in the league POOR! cant buy a win from anywhere!

Using Knaps pre 9.3 tactics, just seem to concede everytime the opposition goes on the attack

I always seem to sign like 10 new players before the start of the season, could this be one of my downfalls? too many new faces?

Im playing as man city on 9.3 with transfer updates up to date

My main team:

GK - Akinfeev

DL - Srna

DR- Richards

DC - Fazio

DC - Onohua

ML - Robinho

MR - Riquelme

MC - Gattuso

MC - Vieira

ST - Adebayor

ST - Vagner Love/Tevez

On paper, world class team, in the league POOR! cant buy a win from anywhere!

Using Knaps pre 9.3 tactics, just seem to concede everytime the opposition goes on the attack

I always seem to sign like 10 new players before the start of the season, could this be one of my downfalls? too many new faces?

In short yes, too many new players will affect how they gell together.

ok i may start a fresh game then and not make that mistake

Isnt it slightly difficult with city though seeing as they already have LOTS of new players?

That's just about the only challenge in a Man City game though :D

I usually write off the first season when I take over at a club and need to buy a load of new players. Its been Novemebr sometimes before my squad has gelled and playing to their potential. Just don't go mad in Jan transfer window and you should still get into europe.

The game does appear to be harder than previous versions, although I'm not too bothered about that. In my current Villa save I was heading to a Champions League place for most of the season, only to bottle it in the last ten games (hmm...sounds familiar that) but then went on to win the league the next three years, and the Champions League in my fourth season... and then finish 2nd in season five and be knocked out of the Champions League in the Quarter-Finals.

Currently 16 league games into season six and despite having brought in very few new first-team players and selling quite a few I'm once again topping the tree, although just lost at home to my nearest title rivals which cut my lead to 1 point. It's going to be another battling season methinks.

Obviously, I play the game to "live the dream" and take my club (or whichever club I'm managing) to glory and so if I couldn't buy a win I wouldn't be interested but at the same time I want some sort of challenge to keep me motivated and playing. FM07 was the last FM game I played prior to 09 and frankly I got to the point where I could win the league far too easily - so much so I ended up taking over other teams, buying them in players, setting up their tactics then sticking all those clubs on manager holiday just to add some challenge to the league. So far, I haven't found the need to do that yet as even in my Champions League winning season I had to battle for everything - I was two minutes away from losing the CL Semi-Final for instance, and won the league on the final day of the season.

But I do find it does take a while to find the right tactic for your team - though when you've found it only minor alterations are ever needed from that point.

try and make your own tactic and play for some time with that tactic thill your players get used to it ;)

did a job with me and my Portsmouth :)

seson 1 and we are 2nd with 2 point less than chelsea and 5 more games till the end of season :)

**PLAYER NAMING**But nothing Earth-shattering**

I've tried playing with City and spending all the millions and I've struggled a lot more than when I spent frugally. From memory, the two main teams are below:

GK: Akinfeev

DR: Srna / Richards

DL: Bridge / Zhirkov (retrained)

DC: Fazio

DC: Lescott

MR: Wright-Phillips / Cardozo

ML: Ashley Young

MC: Diego

MC: Cambiasso

ST: Owen / Robinho

ST: Trezeguet

GK: Given

DR: Srna / Richards

DL: Bridge / Zhirkov (retrained)

DC: Dunne

DC: Jagielka

MR: Wright-Phillips

ML: Petrov / Zhirkov

MC: Ireland / Elano

MC: De Jong

ST: Owen / Robinho

ST: Trezeguet / Lewandowski

Using the first team (plus some other regular signings) I got sacked in February. Four straight wins at the start of the season, a stuttering performance in Autumn, so-so Xmas and the usual post-January slump left me in 10th when I'd said "title challenge" at the start.

The second team won the league by 5 points.

Archived