How many people just watch the commentary screen rather than watch the 3d game?

Before I found out about that game booster program that was mentioned on another thread I watched the commentary only all the time. Much quicker I think and I have a quite reasonable computer for playing FM.

I tend to just watch the commentary too, like others say, takes ages to watch all the games in 3d, even the key highlights.

I too had never heard of the game booster, but I am going to try it out, wish I had heard of it last November or whenever it came out!

I find 3D doesn't take much longer than 2D in terms of speed, once you've turned replays off and if you have it at a reasonable speed (about 3/5 up the slider for me)

Plus it's more realistic to watch, and elevated view gives you a better look at where all your players are during the action.

I used to always watch the 3D with key moments only.

However it just takes far too long that way so I've gone back to the old commentary only option and like the above I only watch agame if its a final or has a major prize at stake.

I've never heard of that! Doesnt that detract from the gameplay at all? Does everyone else holiday games?

I have in previous games but that was before team talks and press conferences were brought in. I find that if I holiday a game my assistant will make a mess of one of these two things and I like to be in control of them.

ROOLZ : you are so right, I used to put a trainer or shoe on the space bar. Then when it came out on PC, you still had to press the space bar, but the bloody PC wouldnt let you keep something pressed on it when you wernt at a match and it would just beep continuously!! Good memory!

V.RAY : I totally agree that Holidaying past matches surly takes the 'football manager' out of the game Football Manager!?

I sometimes holiday, but only if i've won the league with 3 games to go, or have no chance of winning the league with 3 games to go and just want to get on with preparation for next season. I would never holiday through games that actually matter.

3D all the way if you take it for wot it is its class much more enjoyable.Yes takes abit longer to get through a season but im happy with that:D:thup:

also alot better to see if your tactics etc are working

It doesn't take that long to get through a season. I watch 3D on extended highlights and will usually complete a season within 30 hours (not consecutive play)

You'll complete most other games and shelve them well before 30 hours, so I see no reason to rush through seasons

2D Key highlights, No replays

I just dont like the look of 3D, It looks like it was made in 1992, and takes away the imagination, 2D feels more like real football because you cant see whats happening properly so you imagine it

I recently reinstalled my old copy of CM 01/02, best game football manager game i ever owned.

The match atmosphere, with crowd chants and just general ambience was fanatasic, compared to the rubbish sound we get in FM nowadays.

Bring back the old commentary to the old style, obv keep the 3d for people who use it,

Bring back the noise aswell! we need a much better atmosphere!

Archived