Football Manager - Just without the Football

Well although the heading might suggest this is going to be some bashing of the game, im afraid its not. I have a problem though.

I load up the game , load up the save. Everything fan-dabby-dosey! But as my Arsenal team , in the championship (Edited database) , get ready to play Swansea City, (the team i support :) ) the game decides no way! I can pick the team , set the opposition player instructions and the usual, but when i press contiune the game decides either to freeze, or to close down. At first i thought it was just a little niggle, but i tried this 5 times over! And its not to do with just this save either, as i tried it with my other save aswell. Now this takes the football out of football manger ;) , and ruins the game for me , and with global warming having the opposite effect this summer , i need it as a cure for bordem! Thanks in advance

I have the latest patch, well i have all 3. (Joe)

I do in fact have Norton AV , but why all of the sudden would it bugger up the FM files? In fact now you mention it, pre season my assistant manager had organised a friendly against Swansea , despite being in my league? (GillsMan)

EDIT: I gave it one more try , press continue into the game, the game started playing in 2D , but once i went into 3D the game closed again

I have the latest patch, well i have all 3. (Joe)

I do in fact have Norton AV , but why all of the sudden would it bugger up the FM files? In fact now you mention it, pre season my assistant manager had organised a friendly against Swansea , despite being in my league? (GillsMan)

EDIT: I gave it one more try , press continue into the game, the game started playing in 2D , but once i went into 3D the game closed again

There's a problem with Norton where it incorrectly detects FM files as being in need of quarantine and so it quarantines them. I know that this can cause some people to start a new season (sometimes several seasons in) only to find they have no fixtures, because Norton has gobbled up the necessary files.

Norton is cack anyway; I'd change your AV tbh. (I recommend AVG or Avast for free options, and Kaspersky - which I use - or Nod32 for paid options).

There's a problem with Norton where it incorrectly detects FM files as being in need of quarantine and so it quarantines them. I know that this can cause some people to start a new season (sometimes several seasons in) only to find they have no fixtures, because Norton has gobbled up the necessary files.

Norton is cack anyway; I'd change your AV tbh. (I recommend AVG or Avast for free options, and Kaspersky - which I use - or Nod32 for paid options).

Slightly off-topic, but would just like to follow up with a recommendation for Avira Antivirus. Completely free (you just get a popup ad when it's updating), and can even trace dodgy files before you've even downloaded them (as what happened in my case once). You can get it from download.com. :thup:

I don't fancy your chances of completely getting Norton off your computer, it's everywhere once you've used it once. I only got it off mine when my computer was completely reset.

There is a programme which searches for all files to do with Norton and gets rid of them. I've used it and it works.

Well ive given up now. Im re-installing the game , hopefully that works or i give up. Ive taken one of my saves out , and ill be putting it back when ive finished installing , hopefully i can still use it.

Well thankyou for all the help, the thread can be closed if wished now.

Archived