Game goes slow after someone scores

My mate plays fm09 on his laptop and it was fine up untill now, When someone on 2d match scores the game runs slow after that even when the match has ended. I dont think its the laptop because it use to work fine and its been formatted.

Any ideas anyone? :)

EDIT: His laptop is like 2.6ghz and 1gb ram with a geforce go 5300 and it happens if only 1 league is running.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry just realized i posted this in the wrong section.

EDIT: It seems to happen randomly as well as when someone scores.

Sorry ill edit my first post because i put it as a 1.6ghz and its actually 2.6ghz.

He has windows xp, Ive tried all kinds of different graphics card drivers and the laptop has been formatted. I cant understand what it could be because ive tried gta3,fm06 and 08 on the laptop and they work fine.

Thanks.

Is he playing in windowed mode and using another program as at the same time eg msn.

I noticed that if I ran in windowed with another application running then I got a little slow down.

You could try setting the graphics option lower as its not the newest of graphics cards on there.

Does the fan on the laptop start going at a higher laptop when it happens? Found on my laptop that if the fan started going on a faster speed, or fastest speed, my game would slow down as well.

In that case, clean it for dust.

I hope it's not because of the fan. At least on my laptop, when my fan hit a higher speed it seemed to take a small chunk of percentage of the CPU as well. I just hope that's not the case here :p

I mostly had it when there was "a lot" of graphical stuff going on, like the flashing when there was a goal.

But like i said. I just hope it's not that :)

Archived